Rental car rates

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Hey all, just wanted to share with you that I got a great rate and made a reservation online via Travelocity for a 9 day rental on an 'ECONOMY' car through Budget for $207.35 USD.
That's including taxes and fees so works out to $23USD a day.
Keep in mind Travelocity/Budget have my reservation in their system and I am not being charged any money for it. I can now use this as a bargaining tool with other companies in an effort to get a better deal, but this is already a great deal for a short stay in DR. I usually sweet talk or negotiate a free upgrade once at the terminal [I happen to like Mitsubishi Lancers] and never had a problem doing so ;)
Just thought I would share this info with everyone! :glasses:

dreamsource

Jul 29, 2007
Sounds Great!

So, Jaime, when you going down, you lucky man?

And btw, which airport or agency are you picking the car up at?

Best,
Ron:cool:

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Hahaha

So, Jaime, when you going down, you lucky man?

And btw, which airport or agency are you picking the car up at?

Best,
Ron:cool:

lucky man indeed....well to be honest with you I have not booked the flight yet but jumped at the rental car because it's a steal and i am not putting money down so i would rather lock the dates i want to go and that price and take it from there! LOL :cheeky:
airport SDQ las americas
i made the car reservation through Travelocity and they found me that awesome rate at BUDGET. I'm not complaining, I just want to make sure I will go this year! :)

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Here is what I got from Avis' wesite POP Feb 09

Base Rate: 9 day(s) 158.78 USD

Taxes & Surcharges:49.11 USD
Surcharge 22.63 USD

10% (Airport Concession Fee)
$0.75 per day (Road Assistance Fee)
1.5 % (Circulation Tax)
Tax (16.000 %) 26.48 USD
Kilometers:
Unlimited
Approximate Total 207.89 USD
Rate Rules:
Minimum 6 Day(s) rental
Estimated Total 207.89 USD
Note:
Your rate was calculated based on the information provided. Some modifications may change this rate.

This was the smallest/cheapest available and I put 700kms on it in 9 days without incident.
Kia Picante

Seems the days of way overpriced car rentals are soon to be a thing of the past?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
I am sure the rates do not include liability insurance and less so the extended liability insurance. Usually with LI you are responsible for a US$2000 deductible and with ELI just a US$300 to US$ 500 deductible.
That would be around US$20 to US$ 25 per day on top of that.

And even if you have a credit card car insurance, check whether that applies to the DR. But even if it does and you have accident, be prepared that they charge your credit card the whole amount of damages and it's then up to you to "negotiate" the money back with your credit card company.