Canadian in jail is probably a hoax

MattGomes

Mar 20, 2009
Hello I just thought I would let you people that were involved in the 2001 archive CANADIAN IN JAIL IS PROBABLY A HOAX know that It was NOT a Hoax.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/2001-archive/11567-canadian-jail-probably-hoax.html

I was released in 2003 after being sentenced 20yrs. I appealed the 20yr sentence and they dropped it to 10 then once again I appealed that and they dropped it to 5yrs. After that we were released on good behavior. And let me tell you. I have learned my lesson, thats for sure! Alot of the information that was passed along on there was incorrect. If you would like to know the real story let me know. Special thanks to Doug and his wife for coming to visit me, they are really great people. They didnt really need to go out of their way to help me out, but they did. I'll never forget them. :)

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Hello I just thought I would let you people that were involved in the 2001 archive CANADIAN IN JAIL IS PROBABLY A HOAX know that It was NOT a Hoax.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/2001-archive/11567-canadian-jail-probably-hoax.html

I was released in 2003 after being sentenced 20yrs. I appealed the 20yr sentence and they dropped it to 10 then once again I appealed that and they dropped it to 5yrs. After that we were released on good behavior. And let me tell you. I have learned my lesson, thats for sure! Alot of the information that was passed along on there was incorrect. If you would like to know the real story let me know. Special thanks to Doug and his wife for coming to visit me, they are really great people. They didnt really need to go out of their way to help me out, but they did. I'll never forget them. :)

I want to know the real story :bunny:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
can we put this as a 'formula'? :cheeky:

Expat = White = Foreigner = $$$
Drugs = Bad
therefore Foreigner + Drugs = $$$ + Bad
Bad $$$ ??? status not withstanding..... :ermm:
No no, you got it all wrong.

All you have to do is add the word privileged after each description.

-NALs ;)

Reactions: Bronxboy

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Would love to hear the full story, could possibly help someone from not making the same mistake...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
A lot of the information that was passed along on there was incorrect. If you would like to know the real story let me know.

So here is your opportunity, 6 years after getting released from a 20-year sentence in which you only served 2, to tell "the real story".

Last edited:

MattGomes

Mar 20, 2009
What makes this funny? Do you not have any shame? If you can't say anything nice then please don't say anything at all.
can we put this as a 'formula'? :cheeky:

Expat = White = Foreigner = $$$
Drugs = Bad
therefore Foreigner + Drugs = $$$ + Bad
Bad $$$ ??? status not withstanding..... :ermm:

MattGomes

Mar 20, 2009
Actually I served just over 3 yrs. I am tied up with work right now but I will get to the full story soon. I will be publishing a book in the near future.
So here is your opportunity, 6 years after getting released from a 20-year sentence in which you only served 2, to tell "the real story".

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Hey

What makes this funny? Do you not have any shame? If you can't say anything nice then please don't say anything at all.

Matt, sorry for the bad humor. On the other hand, did you not have any shame when you were caught?
we're still waiting to hear your side of the story so by all means get up on the soapbox and do tell! :bunny:

MattGomes

Mar 20, 2009
Wow I just watched the video, and sounds pretty bad. He is in Puerta plata prison it seems. Not to sure. I was staying in a prison called Najayo. It was pretty bad there as well. They don't feed you so you need to fend for yourself. For some it was pretty bad, becasue they didnt have any money and like me I went 3 weeks without food and ate whatever I could. Including cockeroaches. Extremely bad, but I just wanted it to end. I hope this guy doesnt go through what I did. As for the coughing up blood, seems to be normal in Dominican republic. It happend to me as well. Well thats enough for now got to get back to work.
Matt, you got a 20 year sentence dropped to 10 years and then dropped to 5 years and then you only served 2 years?
That seems extremely lenient.
Congratulations and good for you for accepting responsibility and learning from your mistake.

Perhaps you can help/advise this Canadian.

Caribbean nightmare | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
it wouldnt make a very good book - criminal gets caught for crime - is put in prison - doesnt have nice time - is released early

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I have a feeling...........

..........that a detailed book, by someone that can write, about being in jail for an extended period in the Dominican Republic will be a hit..........

Reactions: Celt202