GIVE A LASTING CHRISTMAS GIFT!

R

Richard

This is to repeat a message I posted in November as to how everyone can help send poor kids to school in Sosua. School attendence in the DR is both compulsory and free. However uniforms, supplies and books are required and they are not free, so as a result many kids from poor families do not attend.It costs approximately 600-700 pesos per year (about $50-$60.00U.S. for the children to buy these items. A group of ex-pats have formed an association in Sosua in order to raise the money to outfit the needy kids. Since Sept.,depending only on donations from tourists and other ex-pats, they have been able to send 13 children to school. Each child is provided with 2 shirts or blouses, 2 pairs of pants or skirts, underwear, socks, shoes, belt and back pack. Even the annual school photo is paid for. when you are in Sosua, you can help. if you can spare 300-400 pesos that's wonderful, but smaller donations are just as welcome. Dominican kids are hungry for learning and you can help this very worthy endeavor. Donations may be made at the Britannia Pub on the main street. See Barb or linden Andersen, or Lindo Nunez the head bartender. Donations may also be made by seeing Harry Pryce at Plaza Fuente where he is the manager next door to Planet Photo. That's the pink plaza directly across the road from Banco Credito. So when you use the ATM you won't have far to go to make your donation. if you aren't going to Sosua, you can mail your donation to Harry Pryce,
EPS-D 194
7801 N.W. 37th street,
Miami, Florida. U.S.A. 33166 6559 Make your cheque out to "Sosua Kids" All currencies, DM, U.S. Cdn. gratefully accepted. EPS provides overnight courier service to the DR No matter the amount big or small all donations are wonderful and appreciated. If you mail it to Harry, let him know you saw it on the internet in a posting by Richard from Treetop, give your email address and I am sure he will let you know it was received. Gracias.

C

ChicacagoChris

Way to go Richard. May God bless you. Best holiday wishes are extended and I'll stay in touch. And yes people, it is real. Please do something good here.

D

Duck

Yes, this is real. The recipients are very thankful, and want to learn!!

There are (however ./??) many parts of the DR (I can send an endless list) without the economic fortune (yes, in comparison Fortune!!) of Sosua who would be as appreciative, if not more & more surprised, to recieve help not in the form of money, but in the form of teachers, books, etc ....

Anyhow, best to all for the holidays!