Medical help

rdidwhat

Aug 6, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I recently was diagnosed with having a Group C Strep infection and my girlfriend in the Santo Domingo is now also sick.

The docs here proscribed penicillin to be taken for the 10 days while the docs there gave here some vitamins to take.

I don't know how to say "Group C Strep" or "Penicillin" in spanish so that she can tell the doctors what I have so that she can be treated correctly.

Does anyone know how to say these in spanish?

Thank you

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Hi Everyone,

I recently was diagnosed with having a Group C Strep infection and my girlfriend in the Santo Domingo is now also sick.

The docs here proscribed penicillin to be taken for the 10 days while the docs there gave here some vitamins to take.

I don't know how to say "Group C Strep" or "Penicillin" in spanish so that she can tell the doctors what I have so that she can be treated correctly.

Does anyone know how to say these in spanish?

Thank you

Streptococcal (strep) infections are communicable diseases that develop when bacteria normally found on the skin or in the intestines, mouth, nose, reproductive tract, or urinary tract invade other parts of the body and contaminate blood or tissue.

As of es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streptococcus in Spanish it would be called "estreptococo", in your case "guppo C".

Penicillin is called penicilina, which usually is loosely used to say "antibiotics" or again in Spanish anitbioticos.

Penicilin is nowadays rarely prescribed as such... so, I guess you may be getting some other more advanced antibiotics to treat gram a gram positive bacterias as the Streptococcal is.

Anyways, I am not a doc... so, you may want to ask one.
Also don't rely too much on "advice" given by "pharmacists" here in the DR... most have no CLUE AT ALL and merely SELL "stuff"!
... J-D.