sending medicines from DR to USA

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
is it possible to send medicine from DR to USA via postal services?
the medicine in question is a type of sleeping pill and antiviral drugs. i presume they are only available by prescription in the states?

TheHun

May 4, 2008
dv8,
Be very careful what do you send. About 2 years ago a 70+ y/o lady from england was arrested at the airport for illegal drug trafficking because her blood pressure drugs where not on the FDA list and she did not have a subscription with her.
The US / FDA always in fight with private "drug importers" and they try to show examples.
Even when you travel with your own pills make sure that you have some papers sign by your doctor.

The Hun

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thank you. the amount would not be big but i really just needed a confirmation...
i will pass on this idea then...

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
thank you. the amount would not be big but i really just needed a confirmation...
i will pass on this idea then...

I did this in the past. I ordered some supplements or something from DR to be delivered to US.

Only once did receive a letter from the US goverment saying that my package was intercepted and retained. There was no discussion of illegal practice, prosecution, or follow up. Just a notice that my shipment will not make it to its destination.

This was about 2 years ago.