Best Use of this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2007
I have learned many things about the DR and it's inhabitants from reading/posting on this forum, the one most valuable item I have learned from the various "personalities" is to be extremely careful and selective of who you decide to associate with.

There are so many great people here, but the few "picky" and irritating know it alls (the ones who have simply retired with nothing to do but aggrevate others with useless comments), miscreants and less than honest characters could spoil what a person waits a lifetime for

Couple more years to completion, I hope

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
This forum would be much better served if you posted some names, who do you think are great and who are the picky ones, otherwise this is a very bad, pointless use of this forum. Now i sound like a picky one. LOL.

May 5, 2007
This forum would be much better served if you posted some names, who do you think are great and who are the picky ones, otherwise this is a very bad, pointless use of this forum. Now i sound like a picky one. LOL.

Liam

This would be a "personal" selection that all posters should be able to benefit from, not a reason to bash or praise any person or persons

My comment and it's ensuing result should be self evident

This only becomes a waste if you fail to make use of it's intended nature

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
And the intended nature is? To let us know there are different people in the world with different personalities. Stop the presses!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
DR1 is like any community, it has it's good and bad, smart and not so smart inhabitants. This is why the forum is lively and active, it's diverse.

Just take what you want and ignore the rest :)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
people are not just one thing - sometimes we are bad and sometimes we are good, sometimes we make mistakes, we are human...............most of us lol

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Take the good and ignore the bad, literally - by putting them on your ignore list so don't have to bother reading their posts.

Reactions: Tamborista
May 5, 2007
Take the good and ignore the bad, literally - by putting them on your ignore list so don't have to bother reading their posts.

Chip

Unfortunately that defeats the purpose. By not reading some post I don't realize their , whatever and miss the opportunity to ignore before actually meeting them :ermm:

By reading all of the posts I can achieve separating the wheat from the chaff as it may be, at least on a preliminary basis

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
And then some people can be completely different in person than in the cyber world. How can you assess them till you meet them in person and have a conversation? At that point you should be able to tell in one meeting if you want to ever bother with them again.

Check, check and double check everything that anyone tells you and if they only contact you by PM be careful.

Maybe I'm not understanding what this thread is about. I does happen ;)

Reactions: Bronxboy
?

? bient?t

Let me guess:

Religion, republican party, FOX, military: good.
Atheism, sex, Spinoza, drinking, Twain, France: bad. Very bad or, as Chip would say, mucho malo.

?

? bient?t

And then some people can be completely different in person than in the cyber world. How can you assess them till you meet them in person and have a conversation? At that point you should be able to tell in one meeting if you want to ever bother with them again.

Then there is Escot, PROBABLY JUST AS MEAN IN PERSON. Oh! Yeah! And that other dude who called you names, after he went on permanent vacation. Yeah, I wanted to meet him in person, if only to confirm that there existed a bigger pariguayo than the former SOTN.

May 5, 2007
To complete what?:confused:;)

Sorry, most people I have communicated with know I refer to my house.

This little thread is proving itself far more fruitful than I could imagined

Anna, there are so many interesting and intelligent people in the country I can comfortably discount the people with negative posts and not feel as though my life will be deprived of anyone of importance. Saves a lot of work and my personal opinion is that I can say not meeting face to face with many posters would be an energy saver :glasses:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry, most people I have communicated with know I refer to my house.

This little thread is proving itself far more fruitful than I could imagined

Has someone given you bad advice about building your house? :surprised

What are the issues? I'm sure we can get you real help here but it's hard to read minds.

May 5, 2007
Sorry Anna, guess I was confusing

I was referring to this forum being a great place to make preliminary decisions of who I would like to meet (or who would wish to meet me) when I do live in DR, based upon their posts and projected attitudes, that's all

I have communicated with a number of persons I greatly anticipate meeting, others I would not waste time finding out of they were any different than their board personalities, life is far too short

Thanks for your interest, I wish you were in the DR :cheeky:

I think I will now advance to the rear and simply observe what I anticipate to be a display of my theory

Has someone given you bad advice about building your house? :surprised

What are the issues? I'm sure we can get you real help here but it's hard to read minds.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you also have to be wary of people that are too friendly in pms unfortunately....especially if they dont post much on the main board

Status
Not open for further replies.