Rattan furniture

Buster1

Mar 25, 2009
We have just purchased in sosua and are looking to buy rattan furniture or find someone that makes it close by. Does anyone know where?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are two very good places to go. 1) is Mimbre y Rattan Navarrete. The owner is Tito Bueno. Either he or his wife are at the factory there in Navarrete.
Directions: Go to the right when you get down the mountain. Just after passing the entrance to the Linda factory, there is a small (tiny) shopping mall on your left. There is a small alleyway right next to this. Turn left and you end at the factory. Or ask anyone in Navarrete where to find Tito...

2) Rattan Dominicano is located on the road that connects the Duarte Hwy and Avenida Juan Pablo Duarte.
Directions: Come into Santiago by the main highway from POP, through the tunnel.go straight when you come to the roundabout (traffic circle). this is Estrella Sadhal?. Go straight on this road past eight or nine traffic lights. Do NOT take the elevated portion. At the second light under the elevated portion, turn left. This is Juan Pablo Duarte. Follow this road for three or four lights, look for an Esso Station on your right.
The next light is the road you want. You can only turn right. About 200 yards on your left is the entrance to Rattan Dominicano. The owner is Sang Ben, probably Ping Jan will be there. Good people.

Hope this works.

HB

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Do you think any of these recommendations would email pictures of bedroom sets or do you have to go there?

Aug 21, 2007
If in Sosua, Mimbre y Rattan, heading towards Cabarete on the left beyond the car wash.....It has German owners, and they are perfectionists! (Yvonne and, I believe Otto- but am not certain about the husband's name. (809) 571-2960)

They have an extensive showroom, both upstairs and down. Bring a photo and they will copy the design. I recently ordered a few pieces. The owner came to my house and gave me some design advice before I ordered. I have several other pieces in my house which they made. The work is good. They know how to meet deadlines.

Now. They may charge higher prices than the other places. I don't know this, as I like to deal locally and figure that the money I would spend running around and looking just eats up the savings.

I am just offering one more place to look and maybe purchase. Good luck and have fun!

Lindsey

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
In Villa Gonzales, Santos Ventura, very good, cellphone: 809-749-2866

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
There is also a place in Los Charimicos section of Sosua. It is on the same side of the street as Caribe Tours, just past Delancer Cable TV. It is a small place but he makes pieces to order and has always done a good job at a very decent price.

Buster1

Mar 25, 2009
do all these stores speak english as I do not speak spanish am trying to take a course here in canada

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Do the factories in Navarette have inventory or do you buy thru catalogues?
Is there a way to get there on public transportation? If not would it be better
to go from Sosua or Santiago? Can speak Spanish.

Buster1

Mar 25, 2009
we are looking for a sofa. chairs and coffee table..do you know if this guy can also make a day bed or sofa bed..what are the prices like..have a left a message for Mibre Y Rattan as the owners are away for 2 weeks..do they have a website?

Ray K

Apr 12, 2009
We used Suk-Lang Sang. She is located in Santiago. We arranged everything by email and phone from Canada. We emailed her pics of what we were interested in. She emailed back pics of furiture that they build.The furniture was delivered to our Condo in Cabarete, all while out of country and having never met face to face. When I arrived to finish setting up the place I was amazed at the quality of the furniture(a few pieces were upgrades of what we ordered- no charge). My realator was on hand for the delivery and he was also very impressed with the quality and price.

artesana.rattan@codetel.net.do
SUK ASIAN ROOTS DOMINICANA, S.A.
Tel: 809-971-6440
Fax: 809-582-7097
Cel: 829-471-2712

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am betting that this is Artesan?a Rattan. That is the Sang-Ben family...good people for many, many years...

HB

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I sent an email to the email address above for artesana and also one I found for
Mimbre and both came back undeliverable. Does anyone have other email addresses?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Didn't work for me, either.
I'll call in a few minutes and get this straightened out. Patience...(809 971 6440), but she's not there right now.
HB

Buster1

Mar 25, 2009
is this the right email now..please send me a confirmation or i will try to call them..