Fed Ex from the States to Puerto Plata

jm1980

Mar 25, 2009
Hi!
I?m just wondering if anyone can give me some advice from prior experience on receiving a fed ex from the US to Puerto Plata. I live in an apartment, but I think it would be difficult to find and it has no number. Can I have them send it to a drop or the airport? or will they:paranoid: call me to pick it up? and is it totally reliable because it will be something that I really need ( not pricey) but necessary. Thanks!

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
Hi!
I?m just wondering if anyone can give me some advice from prior experience on receiving a fed ex from the US to Puerto Plata. I live in an apartment, but I think it would be difficult to find and it has no number. Can I have them send it to a drop or the airport? or will they:paranoid: call me to pick it up? and is it totally reliable because it will be something that I really need ( not pricey) but necessary. Thanks!

Yesterday I send an envelope package to DR. It should arrive tomorrow by 6pm. The house its going to does not have a number on it as well-I wonder how the fed ex guy knows? I'll let you know if it arrives!!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I have received FedEx mailings from Southern Florida to Sosua and later Puerto Plata in usually 3 working days.

There is indeed a problem with the receiving address.
Unless one has a known business address or lives in a well known condo or private/gated development with an office which is open during regular business hours, one would be well advised to seek a good, trustworthy friend with such an address to use and receive FedEx shipments to.

... J-D.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
We regularly receive FedEx, UPS and DHL here at Las Canas. The companies know where we are using our address as Las Canas Aparthotel, La Mulata, Sosua. Be sure to have your phone number on the package. For us it is easy because they just deliver it to the front desk.

Feb 7, 2007
And be aware, that unlike UPS and DHL, Fedex has no phone number answered in the DR. The local DR number for Fedex, including its toll free number is answered by a call center in Mexico. There is nobody to speak to in SD directly. When I get Fedex, I just have the shipment retained at Av. Los Proceres at fedex and pick it up when going to Santo Domingo. I am doing so after about a year ago a shipment arrived and I got a call from a local fedex station in Higuey - about 3 weeks late - guess from who - Banco BHD!!! --apparently they are doing deliveries for Fedex to where Fedex does not deliver directly.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The Fedex office in Puerto Plata is diagonally across the street from Metro bus terminal. The young lady is extraordinarily helpful, pop in & see her in advance of your package arriving & make your own arrangements for collection. If you need a reference point, tell her the English woman who recently sent papers to the Isla del Hombres sent you ;) (she'll probably remember me because.......it took them a little while to track down where the Isle of Man was :cheeky:)

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
The Fedex office in Puerto Plata is diagonally across the street from Metro bus terminal. The young lady is extraordinarily helpful, pop in & see her in advance of your package arriving & make your own arrangements for collection. If you need a reference point, tell her the English woman who recently sent papers to the Isla del Hombres sent you ;) (she'll probably remember me because.......it took them a little while to track down where the Isle of Man was :cheeky:)

Do you know if that office would accept to receive FedEx shipments (to their address as Mr./Mrs XYZ c/o FedEx office across Metro) and hold them for pickup?

That would be a good solution for many with hard to describe addresses.

... J-D.

Feb 7, 2007
Do you know if that office would accept to receive FedEx shipments (to their address as Mr./Mrs XYZ c/o FedEx office across Metro) and hold them for pickup?

That would be a good solution for many with hard to describe addresses.

... J-D.

That's what I am doing now, but held for pickup in SD... address goes like this:

JOHN DOE
Retener en Fedex Av. Los Proceres
Pasara a retirar
SANTO DOMINGO, DR

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
We get FedX letter packet envelopes once or twice a week and have never had a problem for over 4 years.

We use the EPS office for our mail but FedX directly to the same office under Sosua Business Services in Sosua and use their phone number. Below is how it is labeled for us.

I would guess that any mail service can do the same.

our name
Sosua Business Services
Pedro Clisante #12
Sosua, Pureto Plata, Rep. Dom
809-571-3451

Aug 21, 2007
J D - any FedEx can handle that concept. It is on the form, whether the sender prefers that the receiver picks the package up at the FedEx office or sent directly to them. I have FedEx'ed documents and packages throughout the developing world and always have packages picked up at the FedEx office. Never had a problem....yet......

Lindsey