Offbeat skeletal itinerary needed and Driver

BND1999

Mar 22, 2008
I am a photographer (shoot people) and have been invited to meet family in DR.. ive travelled alot in the caribbean and elsewhere.. but never here

i must end up in cabarete area.. but i thought id fly into Santo Domingo and do some shooting before i went to that area.

i am Not interested in tourist areas.. just the small villages and communites.. where i can get lost in the life of Dominicans.... i have heard of the bateys and san pedro de macoris to the east of DR..

what can i do from SD within two hours and come back.. where shall i spend a nite to the east or west.. i was even thinking to go north as wel lto the haitian border towns if that is recommended.. and what can i do from the cabarete area...

if i need to cut someting out first trip thats ok.. just want to make sure i get a good variety of life there. agricutlural. city. .smnall towns. etc..

Please help

dire for a driver that speaks a little english...... or i could rent a vehicle and get a guide.. ideas please

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I am a photographer (shoot people) and have been invited to meet family in DR.. ive travelled alot in the caribbean and elsewhere.. but never here

i must end up in cabarete area.. but i thought id fly into Santo Domingo and do some shooting before i went to that area.

i am Not interested in tourist areas.. just the small villages and communites.. where i can get lost in the life of Dominicans.... i have heard of the bateys and san pedro de macoris to the east of DR..

what can i do from SD within two hours and come back.. where shall i spend a nite to the east or west.. i was even thinking to go north as wel lto the haitian border towns if that is recommended.. and what can i do from the cabarete area...

if i need to cut someting out first trip thats ok.. just want to make sure i get a good variety of life there. agricutlural. city. .smnall towns. etc..

Please help

dire for a driver that speaks a little english...... or i could rent a vehicle and get a guide.. ideas please

Hi bnd,
I use here in the south close to San Pedro an American driver who?s been living here for quite some time now and knows the country very well and he has a 4wd and a van.
If you?re interested PM me and I?ll forward you his contact details.
Brgds

BND1999

Mar 22, 2008
thanks so much.. i pmd you but i dont have a clue how to use this site again.. to see even where i go to retrieve a pm... guide me..

or email me at bnd1999@aol.com

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A suggestion: Try Cambita Garabito in San Cristobal Province. And Villa Mella.

HB