RIU Naiboa

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesdalphonse

Sep 8, 2006
We stayed at the RIU Naiboa just last week for 8 nights. Had I known that the resort was 'tucked-away' down a road, and the guests were not able to walk anywhere, I would've never went. The food at the resort was absolutely horrible, sick for four days. No, I didn't drink the water. The staff was wonderful, all very nice and very efficient. I simply disliked the fact of being at the complete mercy of the RIU, eat, sleep, shop, etc, etc. I hated it!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN.

Amy S

Dec 8, 2006
I'm sorry to hear that. I have stayed at RIU Naiboa numerous times and have always enjoyed it. Although you don't have access to the two Palace Hotels in the resort, there are two other hotels which you can explore. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed the staff. There are some wonderful folks who work there.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I booked a stay at the RIU Bachata (POP) for the week of Semana Santa and of course AFTER I did it, every Dominican here is telling me that RIU is the worse.
I spent a half a day there about 18 months ago and I don't remember it being so bad but again, it was only 1/2 a day. I hope the food will be okay, as I am taking my 3 kids and I would like not to have to play Nurse during Semana Semana
SHALENA

Feb 7, 2007
Riu Bachata is the best of three Riu resorts in POP. But beware, the beach (water) at Riu is kind of rocky. But the report is nice, good food, drinks as any in Riu resort, and nice people.

For me, if I had to decide for a resorts up there in POP, Riu and Iberostar would be my two choices.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Riu Bachata is the best of three Riu resorts in POP. But beware, the beach (water) at Riu is kind of rocky. But the report is nice, good food, drinks as any in Riu resort, and nice people.

For me, if I had to decide for a resorts up there in POP, Riu and Iberostar would be my two choices.

Thanks so much for that information!!!
SHALENA

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
We stayed at the RIU Naiboa just last week for 8 nights. Had I known that the resort was 'tucked-away' down a road, and the guests were not able to walk anywhere, I would've never went. The food at the resort was absolutely horrible, sick for four days. No, I didn't drink the water. The staff was wonderful, all very nice and very efficient. I simply disliked the fact of being at the complete mercy of the RIU, eat, sleep, shop, etc, etc. I hated it!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN.

the Riu Naiboa in PC is in the only huge RIU resort PC has, and that's located nice central, you are not far from anything, a few cabby or public bus minutes to everything.
their food is the same decent avarage AI resort buffet food like all AI resorts provide, nothing to gert sick.
hope your family feels fine by now and your meds found out what really amde all of 'em sick.
if the food at any hotel would be bad/unhealthy/food poisioned several hundred people would be sick of such within a few days.
i did not hear about such a occurance down here.
Mike

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
SHALENA,

If you take a nice 10 minute stroll along the beachfront path to the Riu Mambo the beach is better than in front of Riu Bachata. They have a nice bar and restaurant with washrooms right by their pool so you don't have to go back to Bachata to use these facilities.

Gregg

Reactions: MikeFisher
Status
Not open for further replies.