How to Catch a Bus from Airpiort to Boca

Cheers

Mar 26, 2009
New to the site and would appreciate some help.

I will be making my first trip to the Dominican and arriving April 1st.

I know it is a short cab ride, but like everyone would like to save a few bucks if possible.

Can someone give me details on how to catch the bus from the International Airport to Boca Chica.

Regards and Thanks...

Cheers

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
New to the site and would appreciate some help.

I will be making my first trip to the Dominican and arriving April 1st.

I know it is a short cab ride, but like everyone would like to save a few bucks if possible.

Can someone give me details on how to catch the bus from the International Airport to Boca Chica.

Regards and Thanks...

Cheers

Never seen public buses there so I reckon you?ll have to walk to the highway, approx 2 kms and there you catch the bus.
The possibility is that during walking you might get run over or robbed so if I were you I wouldn?t be a cheap skate and get myself a cab.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Never seen public buses there so I reckon you?ll have to walk to the highway, approx 2 kms and there you catch the bus.
The possibility is that during walking you might get run over or robbed so if I were you I wouldn?t be a cheap skate and get myself a cab.

Frank is right. No public busses with service to Boca Chica enter the airport.

Take a cab. If you can afford to fly to the DR you can afford a cab.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005

Frank is almost 100% right.
First of all, the 2km walk during the day will be extremely hot and dangerous whereas at night it will be hot and extremely dangerous.
The most probable likelihood is that walking from the airport you will get run over AND robbed. The only good thing is that you shouldn't have to walk more than 5 minutes before that happens.

One last piece of advice if you're gonna insist on walking, cash in the return half of your air ticket before you leave the airport.
Bryan

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
An old trick is to walk upstairs to departures, and look for a publico dropping off locals from the Capital, and try to cut a deal for RD250 to Boca Chica.

Enjoy your first trip to The Dominican Republic!

A

apostropheman

If this was not your 1st trip to the DR...

...you could do as I and many other have, assuming minimal luggage like 1 carry on and a backpack, and as you exit the airport go to the right and aim for the motos a few hundred yards away. For about 100 pesos they'll take to to the highway where you can catch the guagua east to Boca Chica.

Then again as this IS your 1st trip to the DR...take a taxi and save yourself a lot of potential complications. ;):bunny::bunny:

Reactions: Tamborista

Cheers

Mar 26, 2009
An old trick is to walk upstairs to departures, and look for a publico dropping off locals from the Capital, and try to cut a deal for RD250 to Boca Chica.

Thanks to all for the information - and not that I was trying to be a cheap skate, but of course as I said who does not want to save money when possible.

I have traveled many places people said were dangersous in Asia, Mexico, etc, and always have taken busses, but if it is as I am reading then I guess it better to just grab a taxi or try the publico. I will save back the money on cheap hotels and such as in truth I am a value traveler and do look for bargians.

I as well only travel with a back pack or cary bag so I am pretty flexible.

On to my new discovery - I hope it will be fun despite the danger.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i've never seen a bus (guagua) at the airport. Some hotels in B.C. offer free airport pickup (el candil being one...however they have raised their rates in general).

Spend the 20 or 25 bucks and get a taxi if this is your first visit. When you walk out the airport the legit taxis will be on your left and have a medalion or badge. You could even call your hotel and arrange for a pickup.

I dont recommend walking to the highway. #1 it will be hot, #2 it sounds like you are a newbie and do not know your way around. #3 how is your spanish? I take guaguas all the time...but i make sure to know the exact fare prior.

Have a blast on your trip. The D.R. is not as dangerous as some folks make it out to be. Just make sure that you are staying in a decent place that has security...and dont act foolish (like going to an ATM late at night).

BUT TAKE THE TAXI!!!!!!!

Cheers

Mar 26, 2009
Bus to Sosua

Got it hammered down so far as to getting to Boca C

I am now wanting to get directions on coming back to SD and getting the Metro or Caibe Tour To Sosua. As I want to see that as well and my plan is to spend a couple days in Boca Chica- then off to Sosua. That is of course unless I am having such a time I dont want to leave - but have heard Sosua is a larger party?

Advice and Suggestions appreciated - and if you can give me direction details and transfer info etc - much apreciated...

Thanks

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Lol

i always thought about this every time i see the publicos dropping locals off whenever I was leaving DR back to the states. I wondered if I could hop on and go for the ride. might give it a thought next time! LOL :)