Girl in D.R.

Importatlanta

Jul 18, 2007
Girl in D.R. is saying she is pregnant.

I am an american citizen. I do not want anything to do with her.. If so, what headaches should I've been looking foward to?

Or better yet, what Should I prepare my for?

I'm trying to reason with her even though I do not want anything to do with her...

Anyways, Child support information would be appreciate.

thx

DRICK1274

Aug 13, 2008
I don't know how old you are.If you are old enough to travel over there you are old enough to know to wear Condoms to protect yourself from Diseases and unwanted Children .

Reactions: MikeFisher

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
The current DR Presidential Cabinet in conjunction with the US’s Department of Tourism have created a joint task force for dealing with this exact dilemma. The Culpability of Expat Tourists Agency or CETA. It seems both governments are fed up with the scenario you face.

A friend of mine was recently in the same predicament as you. A woman in the DR was accusing him of getting her pregnant, because he was stupid enough to have sex without protection. He also knew that he wanted nothing to do with her after the deed, and he was stupid enough to give her his number and email address in the US.

Anyway, since most Dominicans know about this new task force, she called her local police and gave her story. They contacted CETA, who, used the phone number of my friend to trace him to his home and place of business. This CETA is a federal agency, so you can imagine what it looked like when they showed up at my friend’s job with paper’s to serve. Guns, dogs, sunglasses, the whole nine yards.

So my friend shows up in Federal Court, and the judge throws the book at him for being so arrogant and irresponsible in another country and for being an extremely poor ambassador and representative of his country. Bla bla bla and so on.

So now he needs to pay for all the prenatal care of this woman and all expenses for the hospitalization etc. His lawyers tried to get a paternity test first, but that can’t be done until the baby is born. So for now he is already in the hole about 7k with lawyer fees and paying for prenatal care etc.

The worst part is, if it turns out the baby is not his, he will never be able to recoup that money from the mother. She will just fade into the population.

I hate to say it, but you’re screwed. You should’ve used your head.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
The current DR Presidential Cabinet in conjunction with the US?s Department of Tourism have created a joint task force for dealing with this exact dilemma. The Culpability of Expat Tourists Agency or CETA. It seems both governments are fed up with the scenario you face.

A friend of mine was recently in the same predicament as you. A woman in the DR was accusing him of getting her pregnant, because he was stupid enough to have sex without protection. He also knew that he wanted nothing to do with her after the deed, and he was stupid enough to give her his number and email address in the US.

Anyway, since most Dominicans know about this new task force, she called her local police and gave her story. They contacted CETA, who, used the phone number of my friend to trace him to his home and place of business. This CETA is a federal agency, so you can imagine what it looked like when they showed up at my friend?s job with paper?s to serve. Guns, dogs, sunglasses, the whole nine yards.

So my friend shows up in Federal Court, and the judge throws the book at him for being so arrogant and irresponsible in another country and for being an extremely poor ambassador and representative of his country. Bla bla bla and so on.

So now he needs to pay for all the prenatal care of this woman and all expenses for the hospitalization etc. His lawyers tried to get a paternity test first, but that can?t be done until the baby is born. So for now he is already in the hole about 7k with lawyer fees and paying for prenatal care etc.

The worst part is, if it turns out the baby is not his, he will never be able to recoup that money from the mother. She will just fade into the population.

I hate to say it, but you?re screwed. You should?ve used your head.

Somebody should start a program "Who's the baby Daddy" in the DR. That will be fun to watch.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
is she poor? the poorer the better. this way you can tell her that you'll send her 50 US per month till the child is born and then you want a paternity test. she can have the baby next to free in a public hospital. if she goes to the police, as in the above scenario, it could cost you a lot more. once the baby is born get the paternity test. if indeed you are the father, will you have a clear head knowing that you have a kid in the DR that is possibly malnourished and dressed in rags? who may someday track you down and sing a song called "boy named sue". i would much rather deal directly with the mother than to let the authorities start dreaming up numbers for you to pay. i personally could not sleep at night knowing a kid of mine was living in horrible conditions, getting his butt beat by some "tio". i have seen quite a few kids like this, fathered by a foreigner, whose mother still hangs in the touristy areas looking for the next customer. while any money she may make goes to drugs or clothes for herself.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
So now he needs to pay for all the prenatal care of this woman and all expenses for the hospitalization etc. His lawyers tried to get a paternity test first, but that can?t be done until the baby is born. So for now he is already in the hole about 7k with lawyer fees and paying for prenatal care etc.

Paternity Testing Before Birth

A DNA paternity test can be performed accurately before a child is born through amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling and NON-Invasive prenatal paternity testing (fetal genetic material testing) at between 8 - 13 weeks into the pregnancy. There are a few companies in the USA and Canada that claim they are doing this type of testing.

Non-Invasive Prenatal Genetic Paternity Testing
Non-invasive paternity testing during the term of pregnancy is now available. Traditionally, prenatal testing required samples obtained by means of CVS (Chorionic Villi Sampling) or Amniocentesis by means of a long needle inserted into the pregnant female's abdomen into the uterus to get either a sample of the placenta or amniotic fluid. In many cases such sample collection was difficult and the risks to the fetus may not warrant such invasive procedures. Through application of research technology it is now possible to determine the paternity of an unborn child using a simple maternal blood sample and a cell sample collected from alleged fathers by means of a swabbing of cheek cells from the inside of the alleged father's mouth.

Non-Invasive prenatal testing utilizes a procedure that uses a mother's blood sample to separate the necessary fetal cells or dna materials ( nuclea acid) carried in the mother's blood. These fetal cells are utilized in determining paternity relationships. Samples are obtained from all parties to be tested including the expecting mother. Once all samples have been received by the laboratory an extraction procedure is used to separate primordial fetal cells from the maternal blood samples. Since 2002 Canadian scientists have Recent research has shown that fetal cells are extractable after 13 weeks fetal gestation. Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing will determine the paternity of an unborn child with one alleged father for about $1,000 (Cdn) - $990 ($US). Each additional putative father tested costs about $100 (Cdn). Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing is more safe and cost effective than traditional invasive prenatal testing.
There were until recently some restrictions on which women can use this method of paternity testing. Formerly a questionnaire was used before testing to determine if the pregnant woman was a candidate for this type of testing. Women who have been pregnant before may have fetal cells from the previous pregnancy in their bodies for 20+ years. In 2008 that changed, one Canadian company that has been developing this technology since 2002 stated that they had a 100% accuracy rate for all women over 13 weeks tested in the past year. That company provides in the cost a mandatory confirming paternity test right after birth.
Paternity testing Canada, DNA Paternity testing costs, Paternity blood tests, DNA testing

Feb 7, 2007
Do some reserach here on DR1. Stories like this have been discussed before, and quite recently. People are tired of giving the same responses over and over, so yours is one with a twist.

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009

i hope ur not surprised or ****ed that this is happening to u ....ppl go on vaca. and think that the same rules dont apply..the act like the biggest fools..get drunk as hell...and then screw whoever.....then they come back home and are shocked that they got someone preggo...or caught a desease....or watever else....aaaahh those gringooos...

Importatlanta

Jul 18, 2007
If the kid is mines.. No issue's there.. I'm trying to reason with the girl who is claiming all this...

What really sucks is, Im in the states she's in D.R.. I would hate to send her money and not be mines..But is a chance I'm willing to take to makes things easier when the time comes. Yes she is poor, but she I'm sure she has some people trying to influence her..

Right now she says she doesnt want any help from me.. which worries me because If I have to go to Court I dont want that to be held against me if I tried to help..

This is not just a random chick.. Ive been messing around with her for a couple of years now.. But I trust No one. So I want to be safe..
Taking care of the child is no problem.. Believe me.. She's upset because I never wanted or took her seriously.. So she thinks, she can trap me with a this.. It wont.. But I dont want to be a dead beat.

Yeah, I made a mistake and didnt used any protection....

BTW- I shouldve made my 1st thread a little more clear... When I said, I dont want anything to do with the girl..What I meant was, I do not want a relationship with her.. If the kid is mine, I will man up.. Is not like Im trying to forget about it...

I'm willing to send her money every month in case she wants to screw me at the end and say, I never send any money.. Thats a risk Im willing to take..

I just want to make sure I keep track and records of the money I send, In case she says, I never did send her money etc..

Or I can save the money instead of sending it to her until the time comes and pay up then... Im leaning more towards this decision.. But honestly I rather prevent all that and have clear air.

Thx -

Importatlanta

Jul 18, 2007
i hope ur not surprised or ****ed that this is happening to u ....ppl go on vaca. and think that the same rules dont apply..the act like the biggest fools..get drunk as hell...and then screw whoever.....then they come back home and are shocked that they got someone preggo...or caught a desease....or watever else....aaaahh those gringooos...

I'm not surprised.. I know what I did.. My trips to D.R are not vacation.. I go there 4 or 5 times a year.. So, Honestly, I really dont consider it vacation any more.

I wasnt drunk and def not acting like a fool. I Just enjoy D.R. Even though I wasnt born there, My ultimate goal in a few years is to live there... My parents are Dominican BTW.. so not sure if you thought I was white or something..

Importatlanta

Jul 18, 2007
Do some reserach here on DR1. Stories like this have been discussed before, and quite recently. People are tired of giving the same responses over and over, so yours is one with a twist.

I tried doing a search.. but really couldnt find one or was hard to just weave through the useless topics..

Being a forum owner my self, if this was a hot button topic I wouldve done some sort of sticky or something..

And reason I didnt post this in my forum was because this forum is strickly for D.R.... So so far I have read some useful information in this thread then I wouldve in mines...

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009
I'm not surprised.. I know what I did.. My trips to D.R are not vacation.. I go there 4 or 5 times a year.. So, Honestly, I really dont consider it vacation any more.

I wasnt drunk and def not acting like a fool. I Just enjoy D.R. Even though I wasnt born there, My ultimate goal in a few years is to live there... My parents are Dominican BTW.. so not sure if you thought I was white or something..

your not the first person this happen too...im talking about in general..not pointing at u ...(did think that ur tourist though......sorri)

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
been there going through that

Check out these threads

http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/83115-us-citizen-child-dominican-mom.html

http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/82682-she-says-shes-pregnant.html

You can glean some good information in these two thread.

I am American, living here for 9 years, invited a girl over for the weekend, she didn't leave for thirty five days and was pregnant when she left.

Now she is in my life for at least 16 years more, play you pay.

However, I do have a beautiful daughter and love her very much.

Do what ever is possible to maintain everything out of the courts either there or here.

In your case DEFIATLY a DNA, no doubt you need it, don't think her legs are crossed in your absence, eh!

good luck

Believe me, I know condoms break and fail too.

S

seastar

like some women will stops to abort just cause its ilegal, i am dominican and between my friends i have heard really bad histories about how they abort trust me any young woman will abort in this country if they are not religious.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
I'm willing to send her money every month in case she wants to screw me at the end and say, I never send any money.. Thats a risk Im willing to take..

I just want to make sure I keep track and records of the money I send, In case she says, I never did send her money etc..

Thx -
you can set a direct debit here
#
FEXCO Money Transfer Ltd : Western Union money transfer send money ...
Send and receive money using the Western Union service, through FEXCO Money transfer agent locations, on the phone by direct debit or credit card, or by standing ...
FEXCO Money Transfer Ltd : Western Union money transfer send money abroad, make money transfers, cheap fees, fast, easy to send money -
Western Union Money Transfers | Send Money Online | International Wire Transfers UK

Importatlanta She will now where to go
ATT00011.gif