getting to Baharona from Santo Domingo

ssy

Mar 30, 2009
Hi everyone. I found this board yesterday and have enjoyed reading many of your previous threads. I am planning a trip for my husband's 40th birthday in November. Right now, we are planning on going to Baharona and staying at Casa Bonita. I realize this may not be what most people would do for their first visit to DR, but we only have a few days and my husband pretty much just wants to lay around and relax. I've always wanted to visit DR, so hopefully we will be able to go back and see other parts of the country another time.

My question is, how would you suggest we get to Baharona from Santo Domingo? The website for Casa Bonita isn't very clear about transportation. Do you know if they will pick you up or arrange for transportation from the airport? Or is there a better way to get there? I don't think we need to rent a car because from what I've read, guests pretty much stay at the hotel or walk to the local attractions.

TIA for your responses. Sue

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
It will be around 4 hours from the airport to the hotel Casa Bonita by road. The hotel does do pick ups - not sure of the actual price but they include it in their anniversary package which is 500 us$. personally I would go for the private air transfer which I assume is to Barahona airport which is then say 30 mins to the hotel. These details are on their website.

Casa Bonita Tropical Lodge : Special Packages - Bahoruco Barahona, Dominican Republic

The alternatives would be a taxi to Santo Domingo then an express bus and then another taxi, hire a car, or taxi all the way.

Matilda