Top class dressmaker sought on North coast

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Would anyone be able to recommend a really good dressmaker who would be able to make a beautiful dress I have seen online but want adapted to my personal taste? I live near Sabaneta so someone close by would be preferable to make it easy for me to attend anticipated fittings.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The is a dressmaker on Avenida Lu?s Ginebra in Puerto Plata who does custom work. Offhand, I cannot recall her name, but she also owns and runs the vivero that is diagonally across from the new court house.

My landlady had her make a special occasion dress a while ago, and it was beautiful.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
whirleybird,
call Heidi, 809-876-2556 or email heidiprocab@hotmail.com.
she's not in procab any longer, actually close to sabaneta now.

while i've not had a dress made for me, i'm told she's done very nice evening and wedding dresses.

Jan 17, 2009
CFA123,

Is Heidi Dominican? Does she speak English? I need a dress altered too, but a difficult alteration. I'm a native Spanish-speaker but Dominicans don't seem to understand well my Spanish when I need to give instructions and details. Thanks

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thank you for the info La_Profe_1, will try to find the location.

CFA123 I have sent Heidi an email so will see what transpires.

Many thanks.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
the garden centre is on the left coming off the round-about going towards Porta Potti - there is a flamingo and statues next to the road - not sure how much English she speaks though - how does puffball skirt with plunging neck-line translate

Macy Kai

Jul 7, 2012
Hi, I am in need of a petticoat with hoop to go under a wedding dress and also a few alterations to the dress. Does anyone know of anyone that could help. I need it asap, Cabarete area.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I know a Scottish woman who does excellent work. She worked for a while as the lead costume maker for a theatrical company and later she had her own shop. She's done some work for me and her work is excellent. You can pm me for details if you'd like. She lives in the Sosua area.