VISA day...re Immigration Canada

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Hi everyone;

I wanted to let everyone know I had an email today from immigration telling us that they have issued the visa for my husband's daughter. She is 4. Her medical expires on the 18th of April. So we have to find a flight and get my husband down there and get her and him back before the 18th!

This site is amazing when you are going through the immigration process. This is round 2 for me. A couple of years ago it was for my husband. I hope this is it. I will always be here if anyone has any questions or needs any type of support for years to come. I will pay it forward for everyone who has helped me and my family!

In January this year when everyone (that is the ones who applied last year sometime early spring to summer) were starting to receive letters from immigration about their process we hadn't heard anything yet. I thought this was odd. So I contacted our MP in the middle of February and heard that immigration had sent a letter in January and we had not received it. I found out that day that they were finalizing the application. I thank everyone for posting because had I not known that information I would never have got my MP involved and we probably would not be in the position we are today.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for your support!
Sandy

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Congrats!

Lots of great news happening!! Congratulations!

Does this mean you just need to pick up the passport or still have to drop it off?

We are flying home on the 16th and my husbands medical expires the 23rd!

Maybe we will see you on the plane!!

Sangria

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Lots of great news happening!! Congratulations!

Does this mean you just need to pick up the passport or still have to drop it off?

We are flying home on the 16th and my husbands medical expires the 23rd!

Maybe we will see you on the plane!!

Sangria

I wish I was going for a visit, I am taking the time off work when his daughter arrives. The passport has to be picked up. It is being sent priority from Haiti to Sto Domingo tomorrow. You might see them on the plane coming home. We haven't booked the flights yet, but it is around the same time as you. They will be flying out of Punta Cana to Toronto.

Immigration sure has left everyone to the last minute!!! Have a safe flight home!

Johana

May 24, 2006
Congratulations to you and your husband!!! Enjoy this exciting new time in your lives :)