Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I just received my cellphone bill......

my calls to the DR are killing me! Somebody give the name of the best calling cards for the US to the DR. Thanx.

Post Thanks / Like

1) If it is not immediate family, drop the "person"..
    2) If it is immediate family get them to get one of the calling plans that call for free to the US. they give you a number and an extension and bingo! the call is there...
    3) Skype
    4) MagicJack.com

I do hope you are not calling the "Love of your life"...since the odds are 99999 to one that you are not the only one calling....

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    1) ..... the odds are 99999 to one that you are not the only one calling....

HB
    Hey Hillbilly,

You're more optimistic this morning than usual.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not Sears has a pretty good phone card for $9.99 and you can usually get 50-60 minutes of talk time. Otherwise, you can check any of the Spanish stores in your area for calling cards to the DR or Carribean.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hey

Quote Originally Posted by bendundat View Post
    my calls to the DR are killing me! Somebody give the name of the best calling cards for the US to the DR. Thanx.
    where are you calling from? what location?
    I agree with Crystal, check out local grocery stores and see what calling cards they carry. you can get some pretty good rates from there.
    I call DR [land line] using a $2US calling card and speak for 72 minutes, thats a deal!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I am calling from Maryland. I willl be callling a cellphone in the DR.
    I know about the spanish stores but their selection is so vast I would'nt know where to start. I was hoping that somebody with some experience to steer me in the right direction so that I could save some time and money. I hear that a lot of those cards are rip-offs.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Do research

Quote Originally Posted by bendundat View Post
    I am calling from Maryland. I willl be callling a cellphone in the DR.
    I know about the spanish stores but their selection is so vast I would'nt know where to start. I was hoping that somebody with some experience to steer me in the right direction so that I could save some time and money. I hear that a lot of those cards are rip-offs.
    this is why you have to go out and look at these spanish groceries and find a card that works for you. I dont know if they are available in Maryland but see if you can find any cards by STi. They are great and have awesome rates. i use one here in NY called New York Central and for $2 i can talk 72 minutes to a land line, no joke.
    go out and see what they offer and report back to us, maybe i can tell you from experience which cards are good to use and what to stay away from

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

here, you can visit the STi website and order through them as well, cant go wrong

Prepaid Phone Cards & International Calling Cards - STi Phone Card

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Look specifically for the cards that say DR, PR, or the Carribean. Buy one and try it. If you don't like it try another. It will be more expensive calling a cell phone. You get better timing calling from land line to land line. When calling from cell phone to cell phone you get the worst time for your money, so keep that in mind. You will pay more per minute calling from cell phone to cell phone. Also, you can check to see if your cell phone company has an international plan. Otherwise, as HB says, try Skype or Magic jack.
    C

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    You will pay more per minute calling from cell phone to cell phone.
    When you dial the 1-800 access number, the card does not know what kind of a phone you are using!

It is indeed more to call a Dominican cell, than a land line....but it does not matter whether you use a pay phone, land line, or cell to dial!

You might eat up your monthly local minutes, but that does not affect the "dialed rate" of the card.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast