Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question The Quality of Medical in the DR?

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask a question about medical care in the DR. I only asked because something happened to me in a hospital in some 3rd world country somewhere that really ****ed me off. This is a private hospital by the way that did this too me.

Where are the best hospitals in Santiago and Santo Domingo situated? how do they compare with 1st world countries like the UK which by my standards is amongst the best I have ever had and efficient?

Thanks

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default well

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel832 View Post
    Hi all,

I just wanted to ask a question about medical care in the DR. I only asked because something happened to me in a hospital in some 3rd world country somewhere that really ****ed me off. This is a private hospital by the way that did this too me.

Where are the best hospitals in Santiago and Santo Domingo situated? how do they compare with 1st world countries like the UK which by my standards is amongst the best I have ever had and efficient?

Thanks
    CEDIMAT in Santo Domingo. Plaza de Salud, good as you will find anywhere!
    CEDIMAT - Centros de Diagnóstico y Medicina Avanzada y de Conferencias Médicas y Telemedicina
    CEDIMAT - Centros de Diagnóstico y Medicina Avanzada y de COnferencias Médicas y Telemedicina

Post Thanks / Like

HOMS in Santiago is really good. Modern, very up to date. There are now the following places where I would go if in bad shape:
    HOMS
    Centro Medico Cibao
    Clinica Corominas
    Union Medica

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    HOMS in Santiago is really good. Modern, very up to date. There are now the following places where I would go if in bad shape:
    HOMS
    Centro Medico Cibao
    Clinica Corominas
    Union Medica
    Do they accept most insurances. For example Humano ARS

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Do they accept most insurances. For example Humano ARS
    Hospital Metropolitano de Santiago (HOMS) does.

Right now, HOMS is the most modern hospital in the entire Caribbean. That place has become the focus of medical tourism, particularly from Puerto Ricans wanting quality health care for less money.

-NALs

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    Hospital Metropolitano de Santiago (HOMS) does.

Right now, HOMS is the most modern hospital in the entire Caribbean. That place has become the focus of medical tourism, particularly from Puerto Ricans wanting quality health care for less money.

-NALs
    Insurances accepted at HOMS:

2. ¿Con cuáles seguros trabaja el HOMS?

NACIONALES

Asemap
    Banreservas
    BMI
    Colegio Médico Dominicano
    Colonial
    Dr. Yunén
    Futuro
    Gastronorte
    Humano
    **** Salud
    Monumental
    Palic
    Regenocyte
    Renacer
    Riesgo Laboral
    Salud segura
    SDS
    SEMMA
    Senasa
    Simag
    Universal

INTERNACIONALES

Aetna
    Ambasador Care
    Axxa Assistance Int.
    Best Doctors
    Bupa Internacional
    Gold Med
    Tarifas Seguros Internacionales
    Word Wide Medical assistance
    -NALs

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default question,.

if a person is in DR and has NO medical insurance and something happens to them around how much would it cost... i know it depends on what happened to you but lets say you require stitches..or u have a broken bone...

(I have heard that it will be thousands and thousands of dollars and that your home country will loan it to you or something....something along those lines ...is this true?)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Irina1 View Post
    if a person is in DR and has NO medical insurance and something happens to them around how much would it cost... i know it depends on what happened to you but lets say you require stitches..or u have a broken bone...

(I have heard that it will be thousands and thousands of dollars and that your home country will loan it to you or something....something along those lines ...is this true?)
    Can you please let us know which "home country" provides loans of this nature...most curious. Highly unlikely I would have to say.

Travellers are expected to be repsonsible for themselves when abroad (although not always the case!!!).

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ..

Quote Originally Posted by drloca View Post
    Can you please let us know which "home country" provides loans of this nature...most curious. Highly unlikely I would have to say.

Travellers are expected to be repsonsible for themselves when abroad (although not always the case!!!).
    i was talking about Canada...im in the travel and tourism program and we have to learn about insuracne and such....so i dont know what the organization is called but it is located in Ottawa...and has a 24/7 phone line (not toll-free, i dont think) so that if anything happen and a person doesnt have insurance ...they can call ..but im wondering if there is another cheaper way to do it ..instead of paying close to 50,000 (thats wat they said would be the cost)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Irina1 View Post
    i was talking about Canada...im in the travel and tourism program and we have to learn about insuracne and such....so i dont know what the organization is called but it is located in Ottawa...and has a 24/7 phone line (not toll-free, i dont think) so that if anything happen and a person doesnt have insurance ...they can call ..but im wondering if there is another cheaper way to do it ..instead of paying close to 50,000 (thats wat they said would be the cost)

Yes...take travel insurance prior to leaving on your trip! It is widely available and very easy to purchase!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast