Getting Grounded

P

P.T.

I will be shipping my car to Bavaro and would like your suggestions of a nearby contact and location where I can arrange to have it grounded, driven off the ocean container at a dock or ramp and proceed to ground level, ....or the name of a local tow operator will a tiltbed truck.
Your help will be appreciated.
Regards, PJT

P

pablo

contact this guy, great at customs in Haina. if he won't go to Bavaro, maybe he can put you in contact with the right person over there.
Auto Repuestos Mendez Dume
Wilson Mendez - Administrador
Carretera de Sombrero
Bani 522-6837

P

P.T.

Pablo,
Thanks for the response. Do you happen to have a phone or fax number for the gent? You can reply through my email.
Regards, PJT

P

P.T.

Re: Getting Grounded-Oops!!!

Pablo,
As Tom Hanks would say. "I have a brain cloud" from "Joe And The Volcano." You did provide a phone number. In my minds eye I read it as a Zip Code number. I apologize for the oversight.
Regards and Thanks, PJT

J

jim

Re: Getting Grounded in Haina

your car will most likely go to Haina,good luck you will need it.......jim

P

P.T.

Jim,
Thanks for the info and the luck. My concern is that along with the car there are household goods being shipped in the same ocean container. The car is being loaded in the container first, then the household goods coming up the rear. At the delivery destination in Bavaro there will be no logistics problem getting the household goods off the container. However, removing the car from the container is the problem. Need to know where there is a local ramp or tiltbed truck operator.
Regards, PJT.

J

jim

i'm confused, i am fairly certain that all vehicles go to haina in santa domingo,i brought two bikes through there abuot 9 yrs ago,not a good experience(to put it lightly)but i won't get into that right now.I have a car headed there right now but it is door to door,we have allready worked out with the shipping co.a price for everything.you have to be very carefull when choosing a person to do your paper work at the aduana,as their are a lot of thiefs,try to find a reputable person if their is one,good luck.....jim

P

P.T.

Thanks Jim,
My shipment will be entering the DR via Haina with a door delivery at Bavaro. What I am looking for is the logistical information on the delivery end as to the easiest way to off load the car. Regards, PJT

J

jim

your car will get offloaded at haina,then the taxes have to be paid,if its door to door like you say then thats all taken care of by your agent,and all you would have to do is wait for your car to be delivered with plates,i take it you r agent allready gave you a price for everything,if thats the case you just have to sit back and wait......jim