Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog trailer for scooter

Hi
    We have a medium size dog and want to find a place where we can have a trailer or box made so the dog can come with us when we use the scooter - any suggestions ??
    jo

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Around 180 $

Quote Originally Posted by joannadee View Post
    a trailer or box made so the dog can come with us when we use the scooter - any suggestions ??
    jo

I'd buy one ready made.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Driving here being what it is would you prefer to have the dog in front of you where you can see him? Merengue used to travel in a metal/plastic basket attached to the handlebars of the scooter we had before we got cars. He loved it! Wind in his ears and very close to his human companion, the driver.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a trailer you can buy that is made for a scooter and could probably be modded for a dog. ScootBoot

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure it has a very good suspension system. I have built many load carrying trailers for bike and scooter, and when you combine the DR potholes with high speeds, your buddy may be in for a very unpleasant shake.

If you are into a bit of DIY, a single wheel scooter on a swing-arm with at least 3 inches of suspension travel would be perfect for a 50-100 pound K9 friend.

Brad

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I once had a dog who just LOVED the ride on my passola ... just by my legs.