professionel dogtrainer

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
I'll be over in july or august (finaly)

I'm a Belgian ring trainer the oldest and most demanding protection dogsport in the world.
What would be a realistic fee for a one on one training

Greetings

Johan

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A professional trainer in Santiago charged me RD$300 a day for training and board.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
I plan to be in the neighbourhood of Santiago

first in a rental and than looking for a permanent place

Johan

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
cobraboy, how long did it take?
was your dog in training non stop for a number of weeks/days?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
cobraboy, how long did it take?
was your dog in training non stop for a number of weeks/days?
Toby went to "colegio" for 7 weeks and the trainers worked him twice a day for 30 minutes each class.

He was in "basic" training. He went as a fairly uncontrolled puppy (he's a BIG dog and a tad on the stubborn side). He came back MUCH more obedient, walking on a leash like he'd been born to do it, doing basic voice commands and understands he's a dog and not a human.

The money was very well spent, IMO.

He's located a kilometer down the street where Andy Ranch/Las Vegas Disco is located.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
so, total of nearly 15k? :ermm:
i think i will do basic obedience training for our puppy but eventually we will have to send her to school for protection training...

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
so, total of nearly 15k? :ermm:
i think i will do basic obedience training for our puppy but eventually we will have to send her to school for protection training...
He also trains for that if the pup has basic obedience training. It takes longer, though.

For us, seeing how Toby was over 100lbs. at 9 mos. and still growing, the money was well spent. He was a handfull.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
Obedience training is easy the difficulty with protection training and obedience is not to crush the dogs drives during obedience training and to be able to let the dog grow without him becomming less (understatement) obedient.

What i would like to do is
a: providing a training for dog and owner
b: if a isn't posible board and training
c: breeding quality dogs to the Belgian ring standard and continue training to that standard

YouTube - Dax Olen Cat3 2009
enjoy

Johan

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
our puppy is still less than 7 weeks old and has been with us for 3 days only. i think it will be fairly easy to tech her basics like sit, heel, wait. protection - i will not mess with it. as an adult our dog (rottweiler) will be bigger than me and i am sure she could easily kill me.
miesposo tells me that his uncle had his rottweiler trained some time ago and it was over 800 dollars for protection training. so i guess, johan, that you could make a living out of your business and seeing how people are more and more scared of being robbed/attacked/killed you will have the clientele as well.
i wish you all the best of luck!
saw the video and loved the dog. fantastic job!

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
does anyone know the whereabouts of a school for protection training?

In 3 months time in Santiago

One of the first things i'll try to organise is an exhibition of my dog and the things i stand for.

You're all welcome

date etc will follow in a few months time.

First i have to move

Greetings

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Are you bringing that dog (the one in the video) with you, Johan? Amazing performance - spontaneous affection, total obedience and clearly the ability to cause a lot of damage if required.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
Are you bringing that dog (the one in the video) with you, Johan? Amazing performance - spontaneous affection, total obedience and clearly the ability to cause a lot of damage if required.

No it isn't one of mine

But i'll bring in 2 such dogs with me
1 trained to that level
1 young one in training

And in august a female will follow

And the damage part

My oldest one has put in total 4 persons in hospital

3 training accidents

1 knee cap torn off
1 punctures blood vessel

Both trough a protective costume

1 civile decoy hit so hard with a muzzle that he torn of 2 ribs

and most recently ( last november )
my ex-wifes friend made the mistake to hit me :paranoid:
He will never have the full use of his hand again

(Not that i mind)

An this is a sweet soft dog :glasses:
Greetings

Johan

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
A few questions-

1) I noticed the dog in the video was trained to attack the knee while being hit. Why wasn't the dog going after the arm with the weapon? Is it more important to bring the attacker down as opposed to going after the weapon he was using?

2) Also, what if an intruder throws drugged food at the dog? Can he be trained not to go after it?

I think you included a clip of this in the video, but I wanted to make sure. There was a trainer throwing something in the dog's direction and he wasn't going for it. Was that it?

3) Are these types of trained dogs safe to have around children, who may do something that the dog feels is a threat without knowing? In other words, can they be trained to tell the difference?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
In Praise of Viralatas

And the damage part
My oldest one has put in total 4 persons in hospital
3 training accidents
1 knee cap torn off
1 punctures blood vessel
Both trough a protective costume
Johan

So, there are accidents....
Home intruders usually do not wear "protective costumes" (although some wear "chalecos"... :cheeky: ) and if your dogs get to play with their bones you'll end up paying a lifelong pension to the criminals or their families.

Nowadays you just don't get the old fashioned "ladron" any more. :tired:
Bad 'tigueres' run about with 9mm guns and shoot and kill your highly trained dogs without hesitation.

Guess, a 'viralata' barking is just as good to alarm you so you can get your artillery ready...

May 5, 2007
My bet is on dog

Unless the burglar is standing with a 12 gauge waiting for the dog, I'll bet on the dog taking him down every time

Watch the video again and notice the speed with which the dog covers 20-30 yards, no time to react or shoot let alone take careful aim when a 100# of teeth and muscle is in your face

First time I have seen protection dogs go for anything other than outstretched arm myself, been a while since I have seen them trained though

So, there are accidents....
Home intruders usually do not wear "protective costumes" (although some wear "chalecos"... :cheeky: ) and if your dogs get to play with their bones you'll end up paying a lifelong pension to the criminals or their families.

Nowadays you just don't get the old fashioned "ladron" any more. :tired:
Bad 'tigueres' run about with 9mm guns and shoot and kill your highly trained dogs without hesitation.

Guess, a 'viralata' barking is just as good to alarm you so you can get your artillery ready...