Thinking of moving to the Dominic Republic

RonP

Apr 4, 2009
We are serious thinkg of moving to the Dominic Republic from Florida. We have been looking at Cocotal, White Sands and Vist Cana. Can any one give us advice or ideas about these locations.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Cocotal is very nice and the security is fantastic, so i am told.

However someone did mention to me as i am looking to move there myself that it is mainly apartments, but like i said i am not sure about that information. Look at Palma Real Villas which is part of the same complex also.

Cocotal is situated near El cortecito a nice little sea front village and also near Fuisa where you will find banks, minimarkets (expensive and limited), bars etc.

However the town of Higeuy is about 45 min drive away where you can find supermarkets and pretty much everything for your home at much more resonable prices than Bavaro.

There are a few bilingual schools and playgroups near by also if required.

Until i go and look myself at Cocotal itself i can not really give you much more information than that.

Good luck

RonP

Apr 4, 2009
Thank you for your information. I will be going there is June and expect to look at several properties. I want to be near the beach and golf. I love to play golf and swim.

Jan 17, 2009
Ditto. Living here is quote different than visit. Don't buy till you've lived here for a while (and I'd go for at least a year). You may not like the area you first choose or you may not like living in the DR at all. (3 years in the DR, both my husband and I have a very different level of satisfaction so far--what works for one may not work for the other.)