April fool's joke?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
There was an article published in several online publications (DiarioDigital RD - Dominicanos y haitianos construyen ciudad de lujo en Hait? (print view))

about a group of Haitian and Dominican investors planning a $6 billion model city " Ciudad del Lago ' in Haiti -- near Jiminai at Fonds Verettes on 38 million meteres

a joke right?

While this one certainly is a F A T one, many, not to say most of the announced big projectos turn out to fizzle out like they were meant to be April jokes.

Even if it was not meant as an April joke, I would would have second thoughts at betting one dollar 1-to100 on this one.

... J-D.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Someone's been had, including Diario Digital itself. Sounds like a joke, apart from the fact that the DR does not observe April Fool's Day. Could it be another art student stunt like the one about Mona Island a few years ago?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Maybe a joke maybe not. I have a Haitian client who is going ahead with the development of a 300 room resort west of the capital; and the same architect for the project has told me another Haitain client wants to build a secluded residential development on an island in Haiti and is sure the buyers will come. If you think about it, the Haitian community has a great deal of expats living in other countries and many, many are wealthy just chomping at the bit to have a viable investment in their home country.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Interesting news

Maybe a joke maybe not. I have a Haitian client who is going ahead with the development of a 300 room resort west of the capital; and the same architect for the project has told me another Haitain client wants to build a secluded residential development on an island in Haiti and is sure the buyers will come. If you think about it, the Haitian community has a great deal of expats living in other countries and many, many are wealthy just chomping at the bit to have a viable investment in their home country.

Odd as well since there is hardly any tourism there now.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I thought so

Someone's been had, including Diario Digital itself. Sounds like a joke, apart from the fact that the DR does not observe April Fool's Day. Could it be another art student stunt like the one about Mona Island a few years ago?

It has all the signs of a joke - since the very area that they have chosen is the one where the road is being flooded. And the land involved. those millions of square meters,,,,, sounds like the size of the entire island!!