Thread: Mustard Powder?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mustard Powder?

Has anyone come across some locally? I need it for my home made pate. Pref, Colemans but anything will do.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's for pate, you can use the creamed mustard. I put mine in the blender when I'm blending the cooked chicken liver.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simon & Nicky View Post
    Has anyone come across some locally? I need it for my home made pate. Pref, Colemans but anything will do.
    I searched, searched and searched for it but never found it in the D.R.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a fairly large tin of it bought by my sister in law at a Cash & Carry in the UK and delivered when she visited - how much do you need? Possible swap for a little of your homemade pate?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Deal is off........

They have it in the new spices section in Playero. (If you're quick). And a brief message to anyone reading this, please, please, please don't go being a smart-arse by buying the whole lot!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if you are in Santo Domingo area, but I am fairly certain I saw mustard powder at Carrefour. (Not in the bulk spice area but the regular jar spice area.)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They have it in the new spices section in Playero. (If you're quick). And a brief message to anyone reading this, please, please, please don't go being a smart-arse by buying the whole lot!
    Glad you found some and lets hope they continue to stock it to save it being carried in by visitors in the future. Shame about the deal being cancelled though as I fancied some home made pate!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ... 69 views so far!

I would have a moderator lock this thread ... or delete it to prevent a run on Colman's Mustard at Playero.

terrible tambo'

Post Thanks / Like

Many, many years ago I bought the large can of Colemans in Nacional Santo Domingo. It lasted for years....

Lately I have a tiny can. I will look around and see...

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by InsigniaDR View Post
    Unfortunately it won't keep because of the humidity.
    Sorry to disagree as I actually thought the same, prime example being the little jars of instant coffee whereby the granules just go into one solid lump. After 12 months here, with the lid tightly sealed, the powdered mustard is still perfect.