Mustard Powder?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Has anyone come across some locally? I need it for my home made pate. Pref, Colemans but anything will do.

I have a fairly large tin of it bought by my sister in law at a Cash & Carry in the UK and delivered when she visited - how much do you need? Possible swap for a little of your homemade pate?

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Deal is off........

They have it in the new spices section in Playero. (If you're quick). And a brief message to anyone reading this, please, please, please don't go being a smart-arse by buying the whole lot!

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
Don't know if you are in Santo Domingo area, but I am fairly certain I saw mustard powder at Carrefour. (Not in the bulk spice area but the regular jar spice area.)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
They have it in the new spices section in Playero. (If you're quick). And a brief message to anyone reading this, please, please, please don't go being a smart-arse by buying the whole lot!

Glad you found some and lets hope they continue to stock it to save it being carried in by visitors in the future. Shame about the deal being cancelled though as I fancied some home made pate!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
... 69 views so far!

I would have a moderator lock this thread ... or delete it to prevent a run on Colman's Mustard at Playero.

terrible tambo'

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Many, many years ago I bought the large can of Colemans in Nacional Santo Domingo. It lasted for years....

Lately I have a tiny can. I will look around and see...

HB

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Unfortunately it won't keep because of the humidity.

Sorry to disagree as I actually thought the same, prime example being the little jars of instant coffee whereby the granules just go into one solid lump. After 12 months here, with the lid tightly sealed, the powdered mustard is still perfect.