The really busy part of Samana Santa approaches - what do you do?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We are all made aware that Samana Santa is a huge holiday time here in the DR. The Dominican families will flock to be beaches to have fun. Do you join in with their 'fiesta' week or, like me, do you shun away from it? Wow! what I would give for a Toblerone egg but it isn't going to happen, is it?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Aren't times like these the very reason expats move to the DR?

Do you mean to join thousands on the beach? When one can go at other times & find it nice & peaceful? Er........no, speaking personally, not the reason I moved :cheeky: . I moved partly because of the people but I prefer to savour my pleasures in small groups not masses.

To answer your question, whirley, I will be staying off the roads as much as possible, catching up with assignment writing & a bunch of other stuff, and doing various things locally but not travelling large distances. But, we're all different & what suits me wouldn't suit others. Hope everyone has a great time whatever they're doing. :)

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Do you mean to join thousands on the beach? When one can go at other times & find it nice & peaceful?

What I meant was to go out and enjoy such gatherings, as they do not happen every day.

I understand not wanting to be around crowds, but for times like Semana Santa even I wouldn't mind making an exception.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Go grocery shopping on wednesday and don't leave the house until Monday

Bob K

May 12, 2005
Stay away from the beaches. There are many other ways to partake in the Semana Santa festivities without going to the beach.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Stay away from the beaches. There are many other ways to partake in the Semana Santa festivities without going to the beach.

go to my house in El Limon,on the guagua..and enjoy a few days of people,music,beer,Brugal,and the beautiful beaches just full of beautiful people...and are great to look at...picnic on the beach...fresh fish...etc...why else do we live here????Dominicans are great party people,even without a lot....and they all share...
bob