Just a question about documents...Immigration Canada

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
hello everybody

i was reading about the supporting documents that have to be added with your application to Canada in the family class ( i read it in the immigration website)
but at the same time i have been following the forum and i see people who get asked for school records...

so where in the application it says you have to add your school certifications?? and is only the high school and university diploma or even elementary school diploma??

thnx to all

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
Hi I sponsored my husband to come to Canada and we did not have to add any of his school records, we added the information on one page, but did not have to send the records

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
hello everybody

i was reading about the supporting documents that have to be added with your application to Canada in the family class ( i read it in the immigration website)
but at the same time i have been following the forum and i see people who get asked for school records...

so where in the application it says you have to add your school certifications?? and is only the high school and university diploma or even elementary school diploma??

thnx to all

Santiago2008

Immigration states the following in the website:
What happens with the application of the person you are sponsoring at the visa office?
The visa office will review the application and supporting documentation to assess the eligibility of the person you are sponsoring as a member of the family class and his or her admissibility as an immigrant to Canada. It will contact that person to let him or her know if additional supporting documents need to be provided or an interview is required. The visa office will make a final decision to either approve or refuse the application for permanent residence.

However, that being said, I am a firm believer if you have more, provide more. Don't give them room to ask for more. I would submit all school records that you have if you have stated you have an education. I would submit baptismals...even if not required. Whatever your spouse/family member puts in their application, Immigration has the right to ask you to provide the proof. From watching DR1 they are asking for more and more. If I was applying again I would even submit my originals first time around!

Good luck.
Sandy

Johana

May 24, 2006
Santiago,

I believe most of the people that got asked for additional items such as school records are because their birth was not declared until more than 3 months after they were born. In this case Immigration will ask for more proof - one being school records. It could also be baptismal certificate.

If your spouse or family member you are sponsoring had their birth declared late then I would be proactive and send the additional information with the application. However, that is no guarantee that they will not ask for something else :)

santiago2008

Apr 24, 2008
Thxs to all for the helpful replies....

well , im the dominican in this case and my husband french canadian .. we have been married for more than 2 years and we live together down here but now his boss is asking him to go back to quebec in September and we are thinking of starting the process.

so get ready guys cus i will be asking more later on lol

have a great day :)