Water In Santo Domingo this week

dr.traveler

Jan 1, 2009
I just read on Dominicantoday.com that there is going to be no water in much of Santo Domingo this week because of repairs to aquaduct.

Does anyone know if that is going to include places like Jaragua and the Grazcue area. I am traveling from Sosua to SD this week and would hate to be without water.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
dont know for sure

I just read on Dominicantoday.com that there is going to be no water in much of Santo Domingo this week because of repairs to aquaduct.

Does anyone know if that is going to include places like Jaragua and the Grazcue area. I am traveling from Sosua to SD this week and would hate to be without water.

dont remember seeing Gazcue in the list of areas, but all around it yes, doubt if the jaragua will be affected as they will have a god awful big cistren and trucks to keep it full

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
The Hotels will be OK, here is a partial list from DR1 Daily News printed Monday:

No water for Holy Week
Residents of Santo Domingo are advised that the Santo Domingo Water Corporation will be using the Holy Week vacation period to carry out maintenance works that will affect the city's water service from Wednesday until Saturday. CAASD director Ramon Rivas called on citizens to store water as a precautionary measure. Among the neighborhoods affected will be Paraiso, Naco, Julieta, Piantini, Quisqueya, Serralles, Fernandez, Evaristo Morales. San Geronimo, Mira Flores, Ciudad Nueva, Los Prados, Los Restauradores, San Juan Bosco, Zona Colonial, Los Praditos, Villa Francisca, Arroyo Hondo I, II and III, Colinas de los Rios, Los Angeles, Cristo Rey, Villas Agricolas, 27 de Febrero, Gualey, Guachupita, Simon Bolivar, Villa Consuelo, Los Guandules, La Fe and Capotillo. Residents of San Cristobal, Haina, Madre Vieja, San Rafael, Estefania, Cambelen, Yogo-Yogo, Canastica, Sainagua, Nizao, Najayo, La Ermita, Ingenio Nuevo, La Conga and Dona Ana will also be affected.

Mr. Lu

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
Today

Water last night in Ciudad Nueva, casi nada this morning, loolks like its started.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
We also had water lastnight which was not normal here in Zona Colonial and none today. I saved all I could. just hope it really comes back on Sunday as they stated. I'm not leaving the city for the holiday so I'll just have to deal with this inconvenience I guess.

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
WEll

Came back on about 6pm still had water at 9am this morning, hum wonder if will last all day?