Form IMMH10a...Immigration Canada

Johana

May 24, 2006
Never heard of that one before...but there is a note on CIC website that most of the applications are found on their site but some you have to contact CIC call centre.

todiscover

May 17, 2007
I contacted CIC and they have no idea what the form is.
My husband now has to submit that form in order to get his VISA issued although they already have his passport.

Its been four weeks so i emailed to inquiry about status, just to make sure the passport wasnt lost in transition.

they stated that they needed that form first, before they can issue.
they also said they sent a letter on March 17th, which too, they either didnt send or he never received.

in any case, cic has no clue what that form is for. So, i've contacted them once again to either get them to send me a copy or give clear direction where to find it.
Its quite strange because even a google.ca search doesnt find it.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Just out of curiosity I just did a search on Haiti's website and there are no matches. Just when you think you've read every crazy thing from this office someone posts something new.

Maybe they will send it now that you've enquired. I know they told my MP that they mailed my husband to say they were ready to issue the visa - and said letter was never received - so I wouldn't be surprised that it was never sent.

Hopefully someone will answer you quickly :)

todiscover

May 17, 2007
one of my dominicano spouses friend just repied to me.
apparentlly its a form that is used for you to state whether you have children/dependents that will immigrate too.
if you dont have any, they want you to still fill it out and say none.

NOTE TO EVERYONE GOING FOR AN INTERVIEW/DROPPING PASSPORTS...
maybe be proactive and take this info with you and/or ask if its needed when you go to Sto. Domingo.

Johana

May 24, 2006
See and I would have thought if you do not have any children that this would have been covered under form IMM5406 where you declare you have no children. And if it is needed why can't it be found or why doesn't the CIC call centre know about it? ay ay ay.
It would be very interesting to know if all these things are unique to Haiti!!!

Moar

Jan 28, 2008
the same

this must be the same form imm 10-a that my caips notes refers to
how secretive they try to be

todiscover

May 17, 2007
The CIC rep did say that Haiti has the final word. So, although CIC doesnt know what the form is...he literally said " it starts with Haiti and ends with Haiti".
Whatever rules they come up with still apply.

The only thing i can think of for making someone sign this again is if they think that the applicant could have HAD a child as they were waiting for their visa.
Which knowing Dominicans, and how 'sexy' they are, could be possible.

I dont try to question it...but its good to know what it is.
If i find a central/online location for this form, I will advise so that ppl can know where to find it if it ever happens to them

Oh well :)

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
I don't think you would be able to find it online, the one that Haiti sent to my husband had our file number and a barcode already on it, so I think you can only get it from Haiti when they request it be signed.

todiscover

May 17, 2007
So i called Haiti back today, since they didnt email me back.
Luckily enough, the woman that emailed me to begin with accidentally emailed me from her personal email so i had her name to refere to when i got the receptionist.
She was shocked to hear from me.
She said she couldnt give me any information because she only replies to emails, and that she would forward my email to the woman dealing with my case....still waiting.
She says that they dont have an electronic version so they cant email or fax the form to me. Likely, they will have to re-mail it to my husband. This concerns me because obviously we have mail 'issues' to begin with since we didnt get the first one.

My hubby is going to the post office on monday. fingers crossed, its sitting there at the office and they just 'forgot' to drop off his mail.

What are they thinking over there?

Johana

May 24, 2006
Maybe Sangria's husband can pick up your form while he is there straightening out his visa ;)

todiscover

May 17, 2007
Well Sangria's husband and mine do know each other.
Hmmm...maybe we can ask for a blank one and see what happens.
However, I am told those forms are personalized and have personal bar codes on them.

Good idea Jo...let me look into this :)

Johana

May 24, 2006
Maybe they would be willing to give him the form in a sealed envelope rather than putting another one in the mail. Could be worth a try :)

todiscover

May 17, 2007
Help please - sending in supp. info

I finally received the form today...only 28days after the letter was dated:)
Now we have less than 17 days to get the reply back to them.

I have a question for all those who were asked to submit more documents via a letter. Once you got the letter, did you send what they wanted back to the Santo Domingo office in person, or did you send it via FedEx to the PO Box in Haiti?

The letter is strange as it says that documents must be "submitted to our office from Monday till Thursday between 11 and 12".

What do you recommend from your experience? I dont want it to get lost since we only have 17 days left, so they dont refuse our application.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
OMG - I jut read this post. I can't believe what they are making you do now. How can they say they can't e-mail this particular form when the mail system in the DR is a joke? they need something more relliable to make sure this paper gets in the right hands in a timely fashion. A donkey courier would be faster!!
I am glad you got it all sorted out!

Johana

May 24, 2006
When we had to send our addtional documents we sent it to the Embassy street address (not P.O. box) and it was with UPS. It only took 2 days to arrive at the embassy.
Definitely seems strange that they would request a specific time for delivery...how are you supposed to control that???

Once the letter pack was delivered I copied the delivery info from the website into a word document and then had my husband send an email through the case specific enquiry and uploaded the word document which showed the delivery info and who had signed for it and asked for confirmation that it was received. He actually got a reply confirming receipt of the documents.

viajar

Feb 19, 2009
Hi Todiscover

We sent additional documents to the street address in Haiti from Canada. I used UPS and they got the documents and have responded to what I sent. I asked for a tracking number and followed them on the internet. It took 3d due to a weekend and cost about $60 from Toronto.

Good Luck

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I know this might be too late but if your husband is sending the paper from Puerto Plata, the office is across the street from the Metro Bus Station.

It costs 1500 pesos to send it by UPS and takes 3 days.

You mail it to the street address and they will receive it during business hours.

I think the specific hours you are mentioning refer to drop offs in person but I might be wrong on that.

Either way, they will receive it .... no worries!!

Good Luck!
Sangria