Pets Pussy cat to be exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatinPeach

Feb 18, 2008
Hi we are heading back to Cdn in 2 wks on April 23 travelling with West jet. Well there is a snag. Our pussy cat came with us when we arrived Dec. 4 and now that we are heading home. all of a sudden there is an embargo due to heat. My problem is Although we will return to the DR this coming Nov. I am in need of a soft sided kennel for a 15 pound cat. West Jet has a kennel but they said for an 8 pound cat. My need is to either Borrow one until we return in Nov.. or find one I can purchase. Can anyone help me with this matter? Thanks.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
kennels are available in all vet stores. it will help if you are in santiago/SD area as pet shops there will carry larger variety of boxes.
15lbs is quite a cat :cheeky: i hope the trip goes well for your kitty.

SatinPeach

Feb 18, 2008
Ty for that but we are in Sosua and no vehcile. Although we can take a bus, so will look perhaps in Santiago, since it is closer. ty. It is a worry when I wasn't prepared. I have a hard kennel, also new. lol I was hoping that perhaps the new La Sirena store might have something along this line.? But? Scooter is not overweight surprisingly but he has very long legs. and is a tall cat. Nothing like the little ones we see here lol

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
'Soft sided kennel'... if you're talking about something to carry on the plane, look at Playero in Sosua. Back left of the store. Last time I looked they had purse type carry bags for small dogs/cats.

Things of this sort, though perhaps not as fashionable ;)

AAAAAir1Mg8AAAAAAHUPUA.jpg

SatinPeach

Feb 18, 2008
WOW ty. I had not seen anything in Playero.. but will look again. hoping it might be large enough. Am so happy to have posted this. thank you all.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
WOW ty. I had not seen anything in Playero.. but will look again. hoping it might be large enough. Am so happy to have posted this. thank you all.
If you haven't already bought your soft sided carry-on kitty bag it might be worth having a quick phone to your chosen airline to find out if the bag as described will be allowed on. I do not see any reason why it shouldn't be but it IS sensible to check with them first.

Please come back on here to tell us how you got on with the airline's agreement (or otherwise). ~ Grahame.

Last edited:
M

MirianAmor

Content deleted by moderator. One sock per thread is enough, and please keep it civil.

Last edited by a moderator:

SatinPeach

Feb 18, 2008
Hi, I spoke with the airline prior to any post here and they had said that the one kind of carrier was all they would use. And thanks to this site, I have a carrier coming from a dear poster, so I am thrilled.

Since I'm not totally new but not an old timer might I has what "one sock per thread is enough" means?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi, I spoke with the airline prior to any post here and they had said that the one kind of carrier was all they would use. And thanks to this site, I have a carrier coming from a dear poster, so I am thrilled.

Thank you for getting back on this SatinPeach. I am delighted you have it sorted out now & your 'kitty' can travel in comfort with you! ~ Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.