Topless beaches?

voleibolchica

Mar 31, 2009
Is it true that basically all the beaches are topless? I've heard as much and did a google search about it, but I'm just curious if it's true.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
most are topless for men - I sometimes keep a t shirt on if im snorkling so i dont get burnt shoulders

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I believe in theory you can - although its not the norm and people may look at you more than they would on a european beach - the Domincan ladies wont be topless (strangely even the prostitutes dont go topless)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The only place I've ever seen topless women is in Bavaro - lots and lots of them, Europeans. I've seen the occasional topless European in Boca Chica too, down on the western end.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Topless is frowned upon in the Dominican Culture. It's more appropriate to wear a bra 2 to 3 sizes smaller then your actual breast size, then to show your tetas on the beach! Then again when you pack what Dominicans pack, the gringas have no problem wearing anything or nothing at all. At the end of the day it's only the sankies that are looking at most of you on the beach :cheeky:!

Last edited:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
and

Topless is frowned upon in the Dominican Culture. It's more appropriate to wear a bra 2 to 3 sizes smaller then your actual breast size, then to show your tetas on the beach! Then again when you pack what Dominicans pack, the gringas have no problem wearing anything or nothing at all. At the end of the day it's only the sankies that are looking at most of you on the beach :cheeky:!

I have even seen this extend to strip clubs. keep the bra on, but ditch the panties??? whats up with that. again though maybe if they took off the bra, the tata's would be down around the waist who knows

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Is it true that basically all the beaches are topless? I've heard as much and did a google search about it, but I'm just curious if it's true.

Ever since i was a little kid i've seen Gringas (European) women going topless at the beach in the DR, everybody is use to it. We Dominican know that gringas go topless at the beach it's not a issue, but Dominican women won't even dare to go topless cultural things.

I would recommend if you see a lot of European where you are go topless, but if you only see Dominican don't go topless it will be too uncomfortable for you all the staring.

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004

Im male and this is THE preeminent reason for my visiting the DR. Finally i can take my shirt off and not be told to put it back on

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
Ever since i was a little kid i've seen Gringas (European) women going topless at the beach in the DR, everybody is use to it. We Dominican know that gringas go topless at the beach it's not a issue, but Dominican women won't even dare to go topless cultural things.

I would recommend if you see a lot of European where you are go topless, but if you only see Dominican don't go topless it will be too uncomfortable for you all the staring.

I found this to be a very interesting observation; with the incredibly beautiful women there and the apparent high level of sexuality exuded from the dr chica ( my opinion only, based on a great deal of field research) Im amazed that theyre uncool with stripping right off

B

BettyDiamond

I beleive local women are more likely to be hasseled by the police for lewd behaviour (there is a non specific law against lewd behaviour), holiday makers get away with flouting the law to some extent

Make sure you hold onto them when bending quickly to pick up a shell and watch your step if you cant see where you are treading , its probably best to wear shoes in the sea

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I have seen quite few topless women at the beach here. There is only one thing. The ones that are visible - I don't really want to see.. Those are prunes.
The ones, that I wouldn't mind to see- they are covered. Go figure...

The Hun

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
I have seen quite few topless women at the beach here. There is only one thing. The ones that are visible - I don't really want to see.. Those are prunes.
The ones, that I wouldn't mind to see- they are covered. Go figure...

The Hun

now that is a crime