(Santiago) Police on motochonco-type bikes and no police uniforms?

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Twice so far i have been stopped in Santiago by always 2 men on a motochoncho-type bikes, regular civilian clothes with bullet-proof vests underneath and some big weird cell-phones, not walkie-talkies, and they searched my car. Last time was by the Codetel building, first by La Sirena. I was going to McDonald's and they pulled next to me on a bike, flashed their badges and told me to pull over, after i did they searched my car and left. After they left i searched the car again to make sure nothing was planted by them. Has this happened to anyone else? It was around 2-3PM with many people around, i am not sure i would pull over if the same scenario was at night with no people around?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do not stop, just wave at them!! Bunch of assh*** looking for kickbacks...Screw them//

Only stop for AMET, who are clearly identified in their Smokey the Bear hats and olive green uniforms....

Better check to see if you still have your spare tire!!

HB

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
give a hoot, dont pollute! LOL :)
damn HB, have there been incidents of stolen spare tires? unbelievable! how can someone not notice that? sigh....only in DR

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
They have tried to stop me a few times, usually on weekends when there are NOT alot of people around, kind of scary. I usually just tell them I don't speak Spanish (in English of course) and they look at each other like the morons that they are and wave me on.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
ha ha

They have tried to stop me a few times, usually on weekends when there are NOT alot of people around, kind of scary. I usually just tell them I don't speak Spanish (in English of course) and they look at each other like the morons that they are and wave me on.

classic! would love to see the look on their faces :cheeky: :bunny:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
miesposo has a policy: only stop when you see a shotgun.
never had any trouble despite all sort of pseudo-officials waving at us to stop :)

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Only stop for AMET, who are clearly identified in their Smokey the Bear hats and olive green uniforms...

2d11uah.jpg