Thread: P90x

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default P90x

Does anyone knows if the P90X work-out program discs available somewhere in the Santiago area?
    Did anyone used this program who would share an opinion?
    Is it really as good as they claim it??
    Thanks!

The Hun

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

All you need to do is exercise. The only thing that is different between all of these exercise programs is marketing.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been doing the daily regimented program with yoga and the other stuff but my bf and I have been doing the back/triceps and chest/biceps work outs (levels one and two) from the video for a few months now...results are very good for both of us - great definition for me and he is bulking up with better results than ever....will look hot on a DR beach one day (added for content lol)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a recent set.
    The books are almost impossible to copy as they are white letters on black glossy background.
    I think it is a great program which is doable and with which, the one which will follow thru, will have results.
    The system is pretty much 50% or more cardio and fitness oriented, but will make you grow too.
    You will need an acceptable level of fitness to do it however and there are tests included before you start.

It is a no-BS approach and, to the contrary to many other "systems" offered on TV or the Internet, it includes a sensate base ideology: Change routine, workouts and chronology often. The body adapts incredibly fast to most any exercise and thus people tend to hit "ceilings" pretty fast. The idea goes back to the old recognition: Everything works, nothing works forever. You need to surprise your body to keep it busy.
    P90X addresses all that with a good group of movements which are interchanged in progression and also speeds.

I recommend you BUY the system, instead of trying to obtain an illegal copy. You NEED the books. There is a nutrition plan which goes along the progress and also some written instruction as the system can be tailored to your needs. The DVD's alone will NOT help you reach your goals.
    I also recommend you get the PerfectPullUp rig. It adapts better to Dominican doorways than P90X's chin up bar which is designed for US (drywall) standard width walls around doorways.

You can buy direct or off e-bay and have it shipped thru a Miami forwarder... it's only a couple of pounds.

... J-D.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bendundat View Post
    All you need to do is exercise. The only thing that is different between all of these exercise programs is marketing.
    Actually, the P90x program is not one of those easy quick fix program usually advertised on TV but a very well designed workout program that is very effective. However, while the results are great it is a lot work and those looking for a easy solution will probably be discouraged.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

do something you enjoy for exercise...otherwise its impossible to keep going and no fancy dvd is going to help you

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have fast internet you can get the whole program online with charts and all via torrent.

I have them in Divx files that run on my Tv via usb. You can get them this way or DVD iso that you can make your whole DVD set.

This program kicks ass, and if you do it 99% you will get ripped.

Of course eat well and you will see more improvement.

Download a few , see what it's all about, if you really like it download them all or order them online.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm in santo domingo and i have everything on my external hard drive. my room mate has lost 100 pounds in the past year and a half and he does it religiously. it includes all the books and videos. it works on muscle confusion... meaning right when ur at the peek of your gains, it changes the exercises up before you start to plateau. very efficient program if you stick with it. its a 90 day program and gains are supposedly seen within two weeks.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I just started Week 10 of P90X....it's a real deal training system designed to give the user quick results when combined with a quality high protein diet. P90X is actually 3 workouts, Classic (once a day) Doubles (two workouts per day) and Lean (Cardio Intensive) Everything you need is available online as far as workout programs and diet, so if you can find someone to burn you a set of DVDs you'll be golden.

If you've never worked out, you may find P90X to be a bit much....start slow, set goals and BRING IT!