Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy easter. again. :-(

you may not know but i live fairly close to the POP prison. just moments ago i was making dinner when i heard people shouting outsize.
    went to check it out - small moto accident. both parties were ok so they started a fight.
    as you can imagine within seconds they were surrounded by cheering crowds. i took my eyes off them for a moment and next thing i know everyone is running and screaming, mothers holding children in their arms. some young bloke was running down the street shooting a gun. she fired couple of times then jumped into the back of the pasola and drove off.
    darn. semana santa in POP: too much time off work, too much presidente and brugal and too many guns.
    now i am reluctant to walk the dog

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in America we have sports boxes in the bars enabling one to bet on various outcomes of the game of the day.If any ex pats own a bar why not sell boxes based on the Samana Santa death count?Make a buck off these ****heads who are hell-bent on killing themselves every year!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i doubt that your idea would be appreciated by most dr1ers but i appeals to my sick sense of humour :-)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Im sure things would be a lot calmer if people could get their hands on some cadburys cream eggs

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the concept of really doing what you are supposed to do In Semana Santa? Go to church or just stay home with your family and friends, and making habichuelas con dulce and a vegetarian meal, how about that concept?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

thats what seems to be going on here - streets are deserted apart from the flag wavers - what are they for by the way , is it an attempt to slow traffic

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    thats what seems to be going on here - streets are deserted apart from the flag wavers - what are they for by the way , is it an attempt to slow traffic

Isnt that called "wishful thinking"??

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

obviously I havent been to the beach ...Im not a glutton for punishment

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.R. View Post
    How about the concept of really doing what you are supposed to do In Semana Santa? Go to church or just stay home with your family and friends, and making habichuelas con dulce and a vegetarian meal, how about that concept?
    i am not sure that was directed to me since i had meat for dinner followed by home made frappuccino as i would prefer to bite off my leg than take a spoon of habichuelas con dulce. on the other hand i am at home and so is my family. sadly those two places are thousands of miles apart.
    after yesterday's events it is pretty quiet here today, blissfully no music apart from the loud ear-drum shattering howling of my vecino, i suppose it it her take on dominican idol.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is that foreigners hate Habichuelas con Dulce, it seems like only we Dominicans enjoy it.

dv8 do you live in a good area of POP? because that scenario that you described is more likely to happen in a barrio.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast