Cedulas

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Does anyone know if the first three digits of the cedula indicate address information? Also has anyone who applied the first of the year for the biometric upgraded card received their new card?

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
Does anyone know if the first three digits of the cedula indicate address information? Also has anyone who applied the first of the year for the biometric upgraded card received their new card?

Not sure about the first three digits of the cedula...

We did the biometric thing on January 19, and have heard nada! I had actually forgotten about it until I read your post!

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
I believe the first three digits relate to the town where you live. Could be wrong though.....

I also did the biometric thing and have heard nothing!

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
The first three digits indicate the municipality where the c?dula holder was first registered. Mine, for example, begins with 056, meaning that I'm from San Francisco de Macor?s.

There were only two digits in the old days. People used to say then "you are 'serie' 56," meaning "you are from San Francisco de Macor?s." People from Santo Domingo were ?serie? 1, which everybody called ?serie palito?(palito = small stick = 1), later converted to 001. Santiago was ?serie 31", now it's 031.

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Greetings,
"biometric thing"? Not sure what you mean here. I read about the DR Gov requiring the "biometric thing" but I was never sure exactly what that meant. DNA? I dunno. However I received my cedula about a month ago (after initially applying in Nov 08) and the final process included an "electronic fingerprint"...which I did not care for, but complied. Same day they gave me the cedula so I imagine my prints are in some DR Database.....probably connected and shared with the states. I'm a conspiracy theorist....sorry!

So...what exactly is the biometric thing?:ermm:
Respectfully,
Botemon

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
Windeguy,
What sort of "Biometric Data" did they take?
Thanks

A new picture and a fingerprint. Same thing we did when we got the Cedula's in the first place...not sure how this is any different!

Oh, they also verified our address and took our phone numbers - apparently so they can call us when the new cards arrive....whenever that may be.

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
If your previous Cedula did not have your blood type on it, then you would need to get the type tested and present the results so they can add that.

Interesting.....this was not mentioned to me when I did mine, and my blood type is NOT on my current Cedula....:ermm:

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Perhaps someone can reference a data base that decodes the prefix for all so we can keep this thread efficient.