Staying hotel? or renting house

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgoon

Apr 10, 2009
Whats good people..

Im heading to Cabarete last week of May with some friends (6 in total).
We're looking for a place to stay and not sure if we should go and stay in a hotel, or just rent a house overthere like we've done in the past when we went to Costa Rica.

Are there villa type places overthere near the beach? or should we just stay in a hotel? We don't need nothing fancy, just walking distance to center of town, SAFE place to leave my stuff at, and clean bed and bathroom.

Yo tambien hablo espanol, asi q me pueden responder en ingles o espanol

thank you and sorry if this question has already been answered.

peace

g

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i'd vote for hotel. Even tho i am an indie traveler I like to make sure myself and my stuff are going to be safe. If you are going with a group...then haggle when making your reservation and get a deal. There are lotsa small indie hotels that offer good security...you dont have to stay at an All Inclusive.

enjoy!

Jan 17, 2009
In terms of villas, what comes to mind now, on the beach (bozo beach) and walking distance to the center of town, is Olas de Oro (Villas of Olas de Oro, Cabarete, Dominican Republic). I don't know if that fits your price range.

There are many hotels to choose from in Cabarete, either on the beach or very close, in all price ranges. Many have regular rooms, studios with kitchenettes and apartments. You also the option of renting a condominium.

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Recommend a villa

For a group I would stay in a villa versus a hotel. Of course it depends on how much together time you like. But when my family travels down there we like a villa because we have a private pool. When I go with a couple of friends then we generally choose a hotel. Depends on your preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.