New HOMS hospital in Santiago

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I needed an MRI on my shoulder and after a bit of looking decided on HOMS in Santiago. It was easy to find. Located on the autopista on the left at a traffic light just past the big memorial as you leave Santiago towards Santo Domingo. Its the giant blue building (10 or 12 stories). Had the MRI done and 30 minutes later was sitting in the doctors office seeing it on his computer. The doctor took his time and fully explained my injury using overlays of a healthy non injured shoulder on the computer to compare to my MRI pictures. The hospital facility was excellent. Cost was very reasonable. From what I understand the hospital was built to attract medical tourists. If you need a hospital this one is excellent. Now that I think about it they were lacking a bit in personnel who spoke English. I had my wife with me and so the language was not a problem but without her it would have been more difficult.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I needed an MRI on my shoulder and after a bit of looking decided on HOMS in Santiago. It was easy to find. Located on the autopista on the left at a traffic light just past the big memorial as you leave Santiago towards Santo Domingo. Its the giant blue building (10 or 12 stories). Had the MRI done and 30 minutes later was sitting in the doctors office seeing it on his computer. The doctor took his time and fully explained my injury using overlays of a healthy non injured shoulder on the computer to compare to my MRI pictures. The hospital facility was excellent. Cost was very reasonable. From what I understand the hospital was built to attract medical tourists. If you need a hospital this one is excellent. Now that I think about it they were lacking a bit in personnel who spoke English. I had my wife with me and so the language was not a problem but without her it would have been more difficult.
What was the total cost of the MRI and consultation?