Cold Cold cold in NYC. frio de diablo aqui.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
What is so great about NYC that you dominican yorks can't seem to get enough of? Your fashion revolves around "NY" logo printed all over your clothes.
I am here since yesterday and can't believe the cold that is still persisting in the city. Wow, its like Alaskan winter here. Last night was freezing cold with strong winds. For god sake, its April in the new world and still you guys are exercising the winter routines? I am shocked to see how cold it gets here even in this time of the year.
On the positive note: the Vietnamese restaurant on 90th street and amsterdam avenue was excellent. Its called "siagon grill". Wow, great prices and excellent menu. Today I will go to staten island and pay $10 toll on the verazano bridge (yikex).
So in conclusion, all of you NYC worshiping locos can have it all for yourselves. I am done with it in one day. Maybe I should return in july to get a really better feel of the magic this city is famous for. For now, I will secretly dream of being in playa sosua. I even miss the UBHs.
AZB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Thanks 'amigo' for letting us New Yorkers know that you were going to be here, we could have got a group together, ta bien, no te apure!!!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
You've been in the warm weather too long my friend. Everyone in Michigan was commenting how nice the weather was this weekend, because it got up into...the 50's

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
sorry guys, I am not here for fun. Came last night and friends took me out but today, the fun ends. I have to resolve some family issues in staten island. Under different circumstances, I would have loved to get together with you all. Lets get together in better days ahead.
AZB

What is so great about NYC that you dominican yorks can't seem to get enough of? Your fashion revolves around "NY" logo printed all over your clothes

Cmon AZB you talk about how bad NY is and everytime I'm in Santiago your in NYC or planning on going,you are like a rich Dominican woman going on shopping sprees to NY monthly, except in your case its to get some NY Yankee and Met gear or some Fubu clothing. I hear your dressing like a Dom York Chopo to impress the young ladies around UTESA lately.;) :) See ya in 2 weeks down there buddy.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Today was worse than london's weather. Cold and wet. I can't wait to get back to santiago. Now I know why the dom york chopos go wild when they land in DR. In plain words, its miserable here. :(
AZB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
AZB...now you see what I am talking about. I have to go to that God forsaken city twice a month. I hate it. I literally cry everytime I have to leave Santiago and then cry for joy when I get back..
It is a miserable looking city, and as I am predisposed to S.A.D. (Seasonal Affective Disorder) it just looks to me like a big filthy grey blob.
I keep trying to leave (twice already) but everytime I tell them that I can't take it anymore and I'm not coming back, they offer me more money! And my love of money is stronger than my hatred for NYC.
I was born there but my mother moved to the south when I was 9. Thank God!
Get home soon.............
SHALENA

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I grew up in new york. let me tell you a few things about NY back then and now: Its a lot safer and cleaner now than before. In the late 70's - early 80's, NYC was filthy, ugly and down right dangerous. There were drugs sold in broad day light, hookers near times square area, live sex shows, peep shows, gay sex show etc etc. NYC was a mess back then. Now NYC is simply more congested, more expensive and more miserable but cleaner and more safer than before.
I am Hotlanta (atlanta) now. What a relief to find comfortable weather after NYC trip. I will stay here for a bit to help out my brother in some mini projects and fix a few laptops in the house. I have upgraded my old compaq x1000 laptop. I have changed the previous 1.4 ghz centrino to a 1.7ghz with 2 meg L2 cache. The hard drive from 40gb, 4200 RPM to 250gb (5400 RPM), the ram from 512mb to 1gb. Wow, what a difference. The laptop runs like as if its a dual core. Then I installed a new LCD in a gateway laptop. Changed a defective hard drive and keyboard on a HP laptop. Tomorrow I will change a defective DC power jack on the same HP ZT3000 laptop (motherboard).
thanks all to ebay. Now I am a die hard ebay shopper.
Oh and some nice lady gave me her old laptop with a defective hard drive. I simply put in my old IDE hard drive into it and this centrino laptop came back to life like magic. Bravo.
Me get a free laptop. :)
AZB

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Shalena, It's ALWAYS about the $$$ONEY! :)
but hey, if they are offering you more to come back then good for you! keep doing what you are doing because it is what's keeping you and the family happy in Santiago!
Hope all is well! - J
AZB, I happen to like Atlanta and nearly ended up going there during my college years [I loved Emory], but in the end stayed up in the northeast...sigh

SizzlingJ612

Oct 29, 2008
Vivo en Minnesota U.S
RE: cold cold cold in new frio de diablo aqui

oye yo vivo en MInnesota de veldad aqui es mas frio que nunca. tengo 3 anos qui en esto frizando mi culo . it's colder try coming here for the winter you will cry home .:bunny:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Its a beautiful sunny spring day in NYC today!!!!!!!!!! wooohooo

btw: NYC peeps, let's get a get together going!!!!!!! :bunny:

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
yeah but

Its a beautiful sunny spring day in NYC today!!!!!!!!!! wooohooo

btw: NYC peeps, let's get a get together going!!!!!!! :bunny:

is AZB going to trash our attempts to gather again? LOL
you know i'm playing homie! [sorry AZB]
i'm working on my gathering as well....shhhhh :glasses:

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
I love NYC !! And it's not miserable, unless you make it ! The only time I hate this city is when there's more than 6"+ of snow.

MAR, esta super lindo hoy ! So much so I decided to take off today and tomorrow ;)

So, when is the next gathering ? I'm up for it.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
MAR esta linda todos los dias!
:bunny:;):bunny:

AYYY TAMBORISTA y ese piropo? gracias!!!

Jalencastro let's find someone to organize it, where's Berzin? the weather is better now, so its the perfect time for us to have a few cold ones.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
ahhhh

AYYY TAMBORISTA y ese piropo? gracias!!!

Jalencastro let's find someone to organize it, where's Berzin? the weather is better now, so its the perfect time for us to have a few cold ones.

i like the thought of cold ones on a beautiful summer day! :)
I'm down if we are ready to try once again! :pirate: