Trips to Haiti?

T

Tarja

Hi!

Does anyone have information about trips to Haiti? We tried to contact one bureau at the Internet, but haven't recieved any response, except for an automatic message even though we've tried to contact them by e-mail later to get additional information.

So, is there anyone who might have own experience or have any good tips where to turn to book a trip to Haiti in the beginning of February, please respond here or write mail.

Thanks in advance! // Tarja, Sweden

T

Tom

Tarja

My only experience in Haiti was when I crossed over from Jiminez (SP) in the DR, first thing that happened was I stopped at what was supposed to be Immigration, a truck backed into my rental car, a guy in a t shirt with a revolver stuck in his belt said he was a policeman, drove me (In my car) all over the place, finally settling on a little house of a friend, scribbled something on a piece of paper, said it was a Police report of the accident for my Rental Company (They accepted it) and then demanded and received $100.00 for his services. Since I didn't bring anything to this particular "gunfight," felt I was in a hostile country, agreed to pay him the $100.00 at the Dominican entry. He was obviously ecstatic, tried to tell me I had to pay for his trip 12 miles back into Haiti ($50.00), this time I told him to stick it and moved into the DR Immigration sector. With all of the criticism of DR Govt. corruption, it's kind of strange saying I felt "safe" with the DR Army.

Tom

A

ann

Sorry to answer so late. I was in Haiti a few years ago, and DO NOT RECOMMEND it. Graanted, the gov't has changed, but a miracle would have to happen to make it really enjoyable for a vacation. It is a beautiful country, but doesn't really offer much else. E-Mail me if you want more specifics.