Phone number to the "Homerun" sports bar on the malecon??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Right next to ApartHotel Lomar there always used to be a restaurant on 2 floors, the lower one open on 3 sides. Is it situated there? If so, they might have the number of the restaurant - I'd look it up in the PP telephone book for you but........I can't remember the name of the restaurant (been years since I ate there - they crucified the pork chops so.........:ermm:). The number for Apart Hotel Lomar is 809-320-8555. You could call them & ask.

MoneyMike508

Apr 14, 2009
i called them earlier and they didnt know the number either, but yea i know what restaurant your talking about, the sports bar is on the opposite side, just a little ways down the street, but thanks for the feedback!

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
i called them earlier and they didnt know the number either, but yea i know what restaurant your talking about, the sports bar is on the opposite side, just a little ways down the street, but thanks for the feedback!
I think I know the place you are talking about as there is only one restaurant/bar type place on the ocean side of the malecon.
The left side is open air on the beach and on the right is an enclosed section.
I'm not sure if they are 2 separate establishments.
I think it is called Cariatides or something like that.

Good luck.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
That sounds like Camachos.

I like that restaurant.:lick::classic:

Camacho, of course! Thanks Malibook, having a senior moment here ;).

I think I know the place you are talking about as there is only one restaurant/bar type place on the ocean side of the malecon.
The left side is open air on the beach and on the right is an enclosed section.
I'm not sure if they are 2 separate establishments.
I think it is called Cariatides or something like that.

Good luck.

That'll be Cosita Rica. The open air part is Cosita Rica and the enclosed part used to be called Escape del Mar (haven't checked recently what, if anything it's called now)
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/69631-escape-del-mar-3.html

I hadn't heard Cosita Rica has changed to the bullpen, but there ya go. The number in the book for Cosita Rica is 809-261-4990. If that doesn't raise them I could offer to go by there Friday & drop a message off, MoneyMike. You could PM the message if necessary.

Cariatides, Malibook, is an upscale restaurant on the Carretera Luperon. I've got the number of that as well but I don't think it's the place the OP is looking for.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Just seen your thread in RE forum so realise now why you want the number. Had I realised it was a prelude to you possibly losing your cash :cheeky: I might not have given it. Please, think over very carefully what you want to do. I know you're Dominican, but if you've never lived here permanently you really won't know too much about how business is done here. Take it VERY slowly, please.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
The BullPen location was listed for sale for around USD 170'000.oo until a year ago a new operator took over. I don't know if the Real Estate was included... but even IF it was... :bunny: :D :cheeky:
There is no way one could have the other two Colmadones on that Plaza turn down their music so one could hear the phone ring there anyway, yet alone do business there. :D.

... J-D.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
The BullPen location was listed for sale for around USD 170'000.oo until a year ago a new operator took over. I don't know if the Real Estate was included... but even IF it was... :bunny: :D :cheeky:
There is no way one could have the other two Colmadones on that Plaza turn down their music so one could hear the phone ring there anyway, yet alone do business there. :D.

... J-D.
Where is this?
It does not sound like across the street from Camacho.

but yea i know what restaurant your talking about, the sports bar is on the opposite side, just a little ways down the street, but thanks for the feedback!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
Where is this?
It does not sound like across the street from Camacho.

ACROSS the street from Restaurant Camacho... there's an Ocean... at least yesterday there was one. :D

The OP inquired about the HomeRun, which as the HomeRun is a Rancho Tipico in Montellano, was probably meant mean the BullPen (?), a bar located in a horseshoe shaped "Plaza" which includes two other (loud) Colmadones, a Chinese Restaurant and some other small outfits about 1Km East of Restaurant Camacho.

... J-D.

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
sorry the name is "the bullpen" its right next to aparta lomar on the malecon

The Bullpen is mid way between the old Latin Quarter and the Puerto Plata Beach Resort on the same side of the Malecon. It is a Dominican bar that competes with the Blue Room, another Dominican bar about 10 yards away, for who can have the loudest music each night. I would seriously doubt that they have a phone.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
The Bullpen is mid way between the old Latin Quarter and the Puerto Plata Beach Resort on the same side of the Malecon. It is a Dominican bar that competes with the Blue Room, another Dominican bar about 10 yards away, for who can have the loudest music each night. I would seriously doubt that they have a phone.

... and if they have one, nobody would hear it ring :D

... J-D.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
OK forget Cosita Rica :cheeky:. When the OP said 'on the opposite side' to Camacho I thought he meant it. Silly me! The only place on the opposite side a little ways down the street would have been Cosita Rica, but he didn't mean opposite, he meant the same side. Yep know the plaza & agree with the other posters. Glad that's finally cleared up :).

Status
Not open for further replies.