Hotel Paraiso

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? Hotel Paraiso, Barahona - Republica Dominicana The web site is not very descriptive. I was able to make a reservation via email after a few tries. It looks like it is in a great location and there is at least one disco in the town and a few restaurants. The reply I got says the pool works but the only other description I can find says it is no frills and no hot water. Any update would be appreciated.

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? Hotel Paraiso, Barahona - Republica Dominicana The web site is not very descriptive. I was able to make a reservation via email after a few tries. It looks like it is in a great location and there is at least one disco in the town and a few restaurants. The reply I got says the pool works but the only other description I can find says it is no frills and no hot water. Any update would be appreciated.

I stayed at the place last year. At the time it was a notch above rudimentary; eg. running water, but cold, simple but clean rooms and bath rooms, a non existent kitchen except the usual thermos with coffee for guests in the morning, an no pool - very friendly staff; What has happened since, not certain - however for the beaches being the best in the country, somewhat of an understatement unless you like stons, pebbles and rough surf

destinationbarahona

Nov 22, 2008
www.destinationbarahona.com
What about Villa Morinda in Ojeda? Or Oasis Italiano in Los Patos? Country-side, but with pool and better equiped. Hot Water for example.
Paraiso and Restaurants? Where? Frituras is something, Restaurant is something else.
If you like to stay comfortable, Playazul (7km behind Barahona) and Hotel Quemaito
(10km behind Barahona). Hotel Casablanca with a swiss lady who is giving help and tips to go around.
Need any more information about hotels? Send PM

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
No Report

I did not end up staying here. I split my time between Perdenales and Hotel Pontevedre. Maybe on my next trip out that way. Hotel Pontevedre is nice but a little quiet at night. Sometimes I like it quiet and sometimes a little more going on is a plus. I was warned about possible "bad people" in Pariaso. These warnings are not always accurate but it is good to keep it in mind.

destinationbarahona

Nov 22, 2008
www.destinationbarahona.com
Concerning dangerous people. Or your experience at Bahia de Las Aguilas...
You hear more and more abut frequently robery on all beaches. Same what happen to you, mostly the people see nobody. But this happen more often during weekends or holidays. So far was only one time that thiefs have been armed (eastern - Playa Saladhilla)

Feb 15, 2005
Playa Saladilla, is a desolate place where noone goes, not even the locals. Nearby are 4 semi-attached cabanas which have been pretty much abandoned by the owners. The little beach a large enough for about 4-5 lounge chairs that's it,,,,it's small and the waves have risen to cover most of the sand.

This area is not visited by anyone so it is not a tourist location by any means.