Weird Question...

Charmed220

Jan 5, 2008
Hi all, I have a weird question. Part of my "travel goals" is to fill up a bottle of water from all five oceans in the world. If I do this when I go to D.R., is this something that would be okay to do? Would I be able to get the bottle on the plane? (Not in carry-on obviously). I know it's a strange request, but I've never really traveled and I don't know what the rules are. Hope to hear back from someone soon.

Charmed.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi all, I have a weird question. Part of my "travel goals" is to fill up a bottle of water from all five oceans in the world. If I do this when I go to D.R., is this something that would be okay to do? Would I be able to get the bottle on the plane? (Not in carry-on obviously). I know it's a strange request, but I've never really traveled and I don't know what the rules are. Hope to hear back from someone soon.

Charmed.

No problem in your checked baggage.

Gregg

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If everyone traveling around the world saved a bottle of ocean water we'd soon have a ton less of plastic in the land fills. ;)

I might be wrong but I've never heard of any laws against this.

May 31, 2005
I would just put it in my checked luggage wrapped up in towels or something. That way the bottle does not break.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Artic, and ???? Oceans...
Caribbean Sea is at hand...so is the Atlantic...

I'm not 100% sure but are there 5 oceans???

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Artic, and ???? Oceans...
Caribbean Sea is at hand...so is the Atlantic...

I'm not 100% sure but are there 5 oceans???

HB

i was taught there are three but apparently they multiplied. according to wiki there are 5 indeed...

TheHun

May 4, 2008

Charmed.

Damn! You have to travel a lot for that! Why dont you just stay home and buy them on E-bay ?? ;) :bunny:

The Hun

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
seems people cant even agree on the number of oceans

Habitat.htm

dam no picture ...but there was 7 on the map

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
there are 5, the Southern ocean used to be called the Antarctic Ocean, then Arctic, Atlantic, Indian, and finally the largest of them all the Pacific

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What he said!

"The Seven Seas"

1. Mediterranean
2. Arabian Sea
3. Adriatic Sea
4. Black Sea
5. Caspian Sea
6. Persian Gulf
7. Red Sea

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Okay, if they have added the Southern Ocean...
I was aware of the seas....that was not the issue...

In order to get to the Southern Ocean our OP will have to travel to Australia, New Zealand, Chile or Argentina....Or the South Georgia Islands...Maybe South Africa and rent a boat...HEHEHE

HB