Da Vinci/ La Salle

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
This is a long shot but does anyone know any big time people (Director, Principal, Long standing teacher,etc) at either Colegio Leonardo Da Vinci or Colegio La Salle in Santiago? Neither have space for my kids but we all know that sometimes that can be amended.;););)
They will be on a waiting list at Iberia.
I want them in an Dominican Private school but one that caters to middle, upper class. With all this forum talk on proper Spanish, the last thing I need to hear from them is "Peeeeero, Mami, tu 'ta loca!" So it's not to be egotistical, it's education.
Anyway, these schools are full............
Can anyone help???
SHALENA

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I cannot in good faith recommend De la Salle. too crowded, too competitive.

You might want to check out Colegio Sagrado Corazon, just a bit further down the street on the left.

Also, I will talk to the owner of Da Vinci who is an old colleague.

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I cannot in good faith recommend De la Salle. too crowded, too competitive.

You might want to check out Colegio Sagrado Corazon, just a bit further down the street on the left.

Also, I will talk to the owner of Da Vinci who is an old colleague.

HB
OK...I will check Sagrado Corazon...that one was also on my list but I was soooooo impressed by Da Vinci, my eyes were watering when they said that there was no space.
If you get to talk to your friend, they will be in 5th grade and 1st grade and are very good children!!!:cheeky:
SHALENA

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'll call her in the morning and see....I know that they are good kids, they are yours!!

HB

ada

Feb 2, 2005
I suggest you go quickly to Sagrado because I went there over a month ago and there wasn?t any availabilty for 3rd grade. The secretary said that most of the grades were full. Good luck! I?m having the same problem finding schools for my kids, 3rd and Kinder. Buena Suerte

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I suggest you go quickly to Sagrado because I went there over a month ago and there wasn?t any availabilty for 3rd grade. The secretary said that most of the grades were full. Good luck! I?m having the same problem finding schools for my kids, 3rd and Kinder. Buena Suerte

Thanks for the advice, that seems to be the case with all of the "best" schools....
SHALENA

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
This is a long shot but does anyone know any big time people (Director, Principal, Long standing teacher,etc) at either Colegio Leonardo Da Vinci or Colegio La Salle in Santiago? Neither have space for my kids but we all know that sometimes that can be amended.;););)
They will be on a waiting list at Iberia.
I want them in an Dominican Private school but one that caters to middle, upper class. With all this forum talk on proper Spanish, the last thing I need to hear from them is "Peeeeero, Mami, tu 'ta loca!" So it's not to be egotistical, it's education.
Anyway, these schools are full............
Can anyone help???
SHALENA

Have you checked "El colegio Evangelico" or "El colegio Padre Fortin"?

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
my husband works with three evangelico teachers who speak worse spanish than you'd find in cien fuegos... in fact, that's where they live. i completely forgot about davinci and it's around the corner from my house. good school.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007

Let me know where they end up going
SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
my husband works with three evangelico teachers who speak worse spanish than you'd find in cien fuegos... in fact, that's where they live. i completely forgot about davinci and it's around the corner from my house. good school.

Oh, My God! That is exactly what I want to avoid, at least until they can tell when someone is speaking bad Spanish to them.
SHALENA