Interviews - Re: Immigration Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
Wishing everyone all the best next week during our interviews as we look forward to completing our timelines and FINALLY being able to start our lives as every married couple should! TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi everyone!

My husband will be the first one going for his interview (Monday the 20th). I'll give you all the details on Monday night!

Good luck to all!

MBG

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
~Wishing the best for you Marj hun. My fingers & toes are crossed!!! Besos
To everyone else I wish you the best for all. This is killing my nerves. My hubby goes on April 30th. This will be a great year for us ladies! Besos

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for all of you!! This part is the hardest so keep positive and think good thoughts!! Nothing negative!!! And before you know it your loved ones will be with you!! Good Luck to you all!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Thanks to everyone!

I will be posting later tjis afternoon as soon as my husband calls me!!!!!!!

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi everyone!

My husband just called me! he did NOT get the visa !!!! I'm gonna need some help as to what to do next!!! Thanks for your support!
He couldn't even talk...

todiscover

May 17, 2007
Oh no...that is aweful news...I'm so sorry!!!!
Once he has a chance to calm down, it will be vital to find out what the reasoning behind their decision was. This will help come up with an action plan to appeal the decision...

so sorry!!!!!

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
I'm so sorry to hear about this.

My heart goes out to you....I know all about what you are feeling right now!!!!!

You can PM me if you would like......

All I can say is DO NOT WASTE your time or money with a lawyer....I wasted over a year and and thousands of dollars all for nothing.....

DD

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm so sorry to hear about this.

My heart goes out to you....I know all about what you are feeling right now!!!!!

You can PM me if you would like......

All I can say is DO NOT WASTE your time or money with a lawyer....I wasted over a year and and thousands of dollars all for nothing.....

DD

Hi DD,
would you suggest re-applying rather than appealing the decision? I've heard that appealing a decision is a waste of time and money especially if one hires a lawyer to fight it.

MBG
I'm very sorry to hear this. When you get the details perhaps you could tell us about what went wrong and what they based the decision on.

dominican_daisy

Apr 18, 2006
Hi,

Yes, just re-apply that would be much faster then waiting for an appeal hearing and $5000 in lawyer fees.

MBG,
I would wait until you get the notes from your interview, this will come in the mail, it may take a couple of months until you get them, but it is worth the wait, they will tell you everything that went wrong.

DD

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
MBG....I am in complete shock at the moment....and now even more nervous then ever for our interview on Wed. My heart goes out to you...i really do not know what else to say!!

BooGirl

Oct 25, 2008
Sorry hun.I can't believe this at all. We will not figure this out. It seems there is no rhyme nor reason behind this. PM me later on here or email my hotmail, or facebook. Im still in shock. I was hoping so much for you guys. What happened? Im so mad at them right now. You have already waited so long. A big hug for you mi amor. I wish i was closer to you cause you need support. Im here for you girl.
Besos
Boogirl

Johana

May 24, 2006
MBG,

so sorry to hear this. Sounds like you've got some good advice from DD who unfortunately speaks from experience.

Stay strong.

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Why were you not at interview?

Is MBG pregnant is that why she did not go to the interview with her husband?? My understanding is that is considered visa suicide if you don't attend unless you have a medical reason for not going. At least it is this way for the US one.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Meregirl,

from reading the posts from Canadians I have only come across a few that were able to attend the interview. One by chance was already planning a trip and it coincided and another that was able to get there. Typically they do not give that much notice - and even for the people waiting right now it is not always easy to pick up and go.

For everyone else having interviews in the next 2 weeks - take a deep breath and try not to stress about the fact that you cannot be there. Remember that you have read from many posters that their spouses had interviews and were granted visas and they were not able to be there.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Is MBG pregnant is that why she did not go to the interview with her husband?? My understanding is that is considered visa suicide if you don't attend unless you have a medical reason for not going. At least it is this way for the US one.

Not necessary for Immigration Canada. Different country, different rules. I don't remember many if any of the members here saying they attended the spouse's interview. In some cases they don't even get an interview at all.

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
I'm so sorry to hear that MBG. I hope you and your husband can remain strong for one another as you work through this. I wish you all the best on the road to getting your husband with you where he belongs. I'm so sorry again...

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
MBG - I just got your e-mail on Facebook - I can't believe he got turned down!! I am so upset for you! You must be devastated!! You need to find out what happened first, did they say anything to your husband? Then order your CAIPS notes and see what is in there and like DD said you will get all your things in the mail. OMG I am so shocked!!

Status
Not open for further replies.