The Courtyard Juan Dolio

propertyking

Mar 29, 2009
Hi,

I have only just signed up to this forum, and since a search though the archives did not produce any results I thought it is best to raise this as a new thread.

I would be very intrested in any feedback related to the above development, which is to be run as an apart-hotel. Further details of this project can be seen here: The Courtyard: Apart-Hotel . Juan Dolio, Dominican Repubulic

I am not familiar with the DR real estate market but this project's objectives and its proximity to the IFCA, which of course is yet to be built, makes it ideal as an investment, rather than a lifestyle purchase.

Look forward to your feedback with inerest.

Thanks

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Well this looks interesting!!! There are actually two roads called Boulevard. The first is in Villas del Mar Juan Dolio and is actually the beach road. There is only one space left there for development and that is opposite my colmado - no sign of life there at all!!! The second Boulevard is the motorway which is the diversion from the main road from Santo Domingo to San Pedro de Macoris. But it is not really in Juan Dolio at all. Nor, once you get past Guayacanes are there sandy beaches.

If this new development is really only minutes away from where the new financial centre may be one day (!!) then it must be off the motorway - well outside Juan Dolio, and if you look at the plans for the new financial centre that includes housing and hotels as well.

Suggest you write to them and ask exactly where they are.

Matilda

propertyking

Mar 29, 2009
Matilda, many thanks for your feedback. Very useful.....

I have been told that this dvelopment is not within the IFCA but more towards La Romana, which coincides with the location opposite your colmado! If that is the case then the fact that there is "no life" as yet may be right since no site work has been started as yet - very early stages of the project.

Would it be possible for you to post the Google Earth co-ordinatesof the plot you refer to above (i.e. the plot opposite your colmado)?

Thanks again

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I might be wrong but I don?t think that lot is big enough for such a project to be build on but it?s the only lot unbuild that?s true.

Well this looks interesting!!! There are actually two roads called Boulevard. The first is in Villas del Mar Juan Dolio and is actually the beach road. There is only one space left there for development and that is opposite my colmado - no sign of life there at all!!! The second Boulevard is the motorway which is the diversion from the main road from Santo Domingo to San Pedro de Macoris. But it is not really in Juan Dolio at all. Nor, once you get past Guayacanes are there sandy beaches.

If this new development is really only minutes away from where the new financial centre may be one day (!!) then it must be off the motorway - well outside Juan Dolio, and if you look at the plans for the new financial centre that includes housing and hotels as well.

Suggest you write to them and ask exactly where they are.

Matilda

propertyking

Mar 29, 2009
The Courtyard in Google Earth

I am not sure how upload a snapshot from Google Earth but here is a link if you have Google Earth installed - the site is a leftmost area between the two roads seen in the map:

Google Maps

Of course, the GE maps are not up to date, and from what has been said so far it seems that there is insufficient space to build this project in the amount of land available.

As such, how does the above photograph conincide with the location of the vacant plot referred to in Matilda's post?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Ok have looked at Google earth and I think I have copied the bit you need.

oops no I haven't but the coordinates are:

18 degrees 25' 40.05N then 69 degrees 23' 15.32 O

Does that make sense???

The land opposite the colmado was going to be a mega 20 storey glass tower with Marina which then went away, then last heard a 5 star hotel owned by Coral , which also went away. Hopefully nothing as I get a great sea view at the moment!!!

let me know if you need anything else

matilda

propertyking

Mar 29, 2009
Matilda, thanks for that....

After manipulating the co-ordinates a bit I managed to locate the position that you refer to but that seems too far East from the site as I know it.

The co-ordinstes for the site I refer to are:

18?25'26.43"N, 69?26'25.31"W

Just copy and paste into GE's search box and you should get there.

- How does this location compare with what you actually see on GE?
- What exactly is in front of this site - note that this does not seem to be a front line beach development?
- Do you happen to have any actual photographs of this location that you can share?

Thanks in advance

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Ok I can see now where it is!!! It is between Juan Dolio and Guayacanes which is the local fishing village between juan Dolio and the airport or Boca Chica. Nothing happening there at the moment as I walked there last week. it is about 3 miles from Juan Dolio and about a mile from Guayacanes. Next time I walk I will take photos for you, but basically no sandy beach (rocks) maybe a little beach, and no infrastructure

matilda

propertyking

Mar 29, 2009
Thanks again.

Yes please post some photographs when you are there next, both of the site itself and the beach front directly opposite the site.

How are the roads around there?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
There are no roads. How do I explain this???? Ok there is an autopista / motorway / freeway which goes from Boca Chica to guayacanes then Juan Dolio then San Pedro de Macoris. There is an exit off this to Guayacanes which is a fishing village then exits off it to Juan Dolio. The road is called the boulevard. Once you turn off to Juan Dolio then there is anothe road called Boulevard also which is the beach front road.

Where this development is supposed to be is off the main autopista. Between Guayacanes and Juan Dolio is around 3-4 miles. There is little if any beach. There are private houses and lots which have nothing and as you get closer to Juan Dolio there are some developments. There are no shops and no other infrastructure. If I was looking to buy something I would buy something already built in the centre of Juan Dolio, not 3 miles away where there is no good beach and in the middle of nowhere. There are plenty of apartments for sale which are already built so you know what you are getting for your money. And there are roads and shops. I can take a picture for you of sea, rocks and land!!!! Don't let the financial centre persuade you!!!!

pm me if you want more info

matilda

propertyking

Mar 29, 2009
Matilda,

I have sent you a PM. According to Google Earth it seems that this site is located between the Boulevard Juan Dolio and Carretera Vieja - to get this info you need to go to the "Layers" tab and tock the box called "Roads".

Does that tie in with what you say above?

Thanks

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The two roads are very close together by that point, and if it is in between the two then its not on the beach!!! More likely the lot on the beach that goes directly to the Autopista. By that point the old road is only 5 metres away from the autopista.

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
The Courtyard Apt - Hotel project in Juan Dolio

After a bit of comparing the render and location coordinates provided there is no doubt it's not located right on the beach , but right between ''Boulevard Beach Road'' and ''Boulevard Highway'' right at the west end of Juan Dolio town and Boulevard Beach Road . , Cross the Highway there is a huge empty lot . A little further west the road to Cabamar project lots , a little further to the east entrance to Areito Alto Confort project and La Hispaniola Park project (both not started yet) . The lot itself is surrounded by asphalted roads. And by some new developments on both sides of the lot : a little further is located Las Arenas Beach Residences (not started yet) , and Cabamar Beach Club (completed) and a little further Grupo Aqua Projects : Aqua Tower (completed) , Aqua Loft and Aqua Village (both almost completed) as well next to it is located Sun Set Tower project (not started yet) , as well some smaller and older developments and villas . On the project website they mention to have Yacht Marina in the future. For having direct access to the beach they might have bought a lot in front (may be with an old house) to have a beach club and own marina . The actual size of the lot is big enough to build such project , for example to compare to Marbella by Metro 5 Towers are to be build on the similar size lot (comparing using Google Earth) .

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
The beach needs to be regenerated with new sand like it was done in the east part of Juan Dolio . Right now it looks like exactly how it was before there . Here are some pics of the beach conditions in front of some old houses located right in front of the future project .

propertyking

Mar 29, 2009
Courtyard

Steve, thank you for the detailed response as to The Courtyard's proposed location and photos of the beach area. If I may I have a few more questions for you.

I agree with your assessment of its location. I was aware that The Courtyard wasn't a true beach front development so that is not a surprise. What I am surprised about is the state of the beach (or not as the case maybe) in the near vicinity. As such, if, and when, the beach is regenerated, how long is it expected to last - there seems to be sea erosion around that area?

How far exactly is the proposed site for The Courtyard from the IFCA? Do you think the IFCA will ever get off the ground? If so, what is the consensus on it being completed, and by when? Of course the IFCA will be a very good thing for the DR and Juan Dolio in particular. That is what The Courtyard is aimed at - it will be in direct competition with the two hotels within the IFCA site. Are there other hotel projects that are set to compete with these?

Additionally, what do you know of the developer, Blueshore Developments, who incidentally are behind the Swaying Palms in Punta Cana. These two are their only projects in the DR.

Lastly, have the other developments mentioned in your response been shelved or simply not been started? Were they ever advertised to the public or are they still in very a early stages like The Courtyard is at present?

Thanks in advance.