Info on Sosua please

K

Karina

Hola! We (a group of 6 adults) will be staying at a Playa Dorada hotel for two weeks in Feb. My husband and I have been there before. I would like to spend a whole day in Sosua. Can we just jump on a local bus and go to Sosua? When I get there where should I go? Where can we sort of "hang out" for a few hours? Is there a hotel on the beach that is not all-inclusive and would let us hang around there if we were buying lunch and drinks there? Are there any sort of laid back bars on the beach to hang out at? Do they have clean washrooms!!?Any other suggestions as to where to go and what to do in Sosua? Many thanks!!

R

Richard

To take a local bus (gua-gua) to Sosua, when you walk out of the Playa Dorada complex cross the road and watch for a small mini van type bus which you wave down, (there are lots of them and you won't have to wait long. The fare wil be about 10 pesos per person. which you will pay when you get off. Have the exact change, they won't offer any. Get off across from the Texaco station. Walk down the cross street to the first street which is the main street (you won't be able to go any farther)(Merengue club is right in front of you). Turn left and about 50 metres along the street on the left is the Britannia Pub, a good place to hang out. Ask the locals there about going to Casa Marina Beach which is right on the ocean or going to Sosua beach which is another couple of blocks and does offer a lot of amosphere. When you are going back, you get the gua-gua at the Texaco. Don't leave it until dark, the gua-guas may not be runningthen. Have fun.

C

Chicacago Chris

If and when you're at Britannia Pub, please donate a few pesos to the Sosua Area Childrens' School Fund. The owners of Britannia are active in this charitable endeavor of sending children to local schools who would otherwise not be able to attend due to poverty. Enjoy your day in town and by the way, Britannia is a great place just to sit and watch the world go by. If the guys are into watching sports, Eddy's Sports Bar is a 5 minute walk from Britannia. Seven satellite TVs and sports from all over the world. Happy holidays Eddy.

W

Wim

You can also visit the beach of Sosua .
The beach is 1 km long and under the trees their are alot of bars and shops .

Just visit it !

Greetings , Wim .

K

Karina

Thanks to all who replied, and Chicago

Chris, thanks for the tip to donate to such a worthy cause. As a matter of fact, I take as much stuff down there to give away, as I take to wear myself! I have 3 pr of good quality men's runners, baseball gloves, dolls and lots of good used clothing for children. I will make a point of taking some school supplies as well. Thanks again, I'm really looking forward to being there and will probably hit Sosua early in our two week stay as I think I'll want to return!

C

ChicacagoChris

Karina: I won't tell about the baseball gloves. God bless your generous heart. Go Cubs!

R

Richard

There is also Michael's Pub at the Charamicos end of the beach. Walk up the ramp at the end of the beach, turn right and about 50 metres up the road on the right is Michael's It's right next door to Restaurant Atlantico and has a breathtaking view of the bay and the beach.

C

Chicacago Chris

Richard: I'll meet you over at Michael's next time we're back in town. Knowing you, their Presidentes are probably like Slurpies. Ahhh, perfecto!

R

Richard

Now that sounds like a good idea Chris. I only wish it was next week. My best personal regards to you Chris, and your amiga, a lovely lady.

E

Eddy

I had a couple of Grandes yesterday at Michael's. Was thingking about you guys. Ha ha.

R

Richard

O.K. Eddy. Rub it in. I hope your Montral Canadiens blow it all this year.but next time have a couple of Grandes for me and I will have a couple of Ex for you.