re: A chilling tale - It is about me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
re: A chilling tale - It is about me.

I've been made aware of the thread. Alanindr has been quite correct in his postings, all I can add is that the burglar got away but he will be having sleepless nights and possibly undergoing therapy for some time to come.

I am concerned that the police have not contacted me to tell me the outcome of their "investigation". Whatever they've done to date hasn't exactly helped things to improve in the area, so it would seem that a superb opportunity to catch a number of villains via information stored on the telephone has gone begging.

Ho-Hum. I'm not surprised, I'm just somewhat disappointed.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
I am concerned that the police have not contacted me to tell me the outcome of their "investigation". Whatever they've done to date hasn't exactly helped things to improve in the area, so it would seem that a superb opportunity to catch a number of villains via information stored on the telephone has gone begging.

Ho-Hum. I'm not surprised, I'm just somewhat disappointed.

Glad you are ok, and you were able to defend yourself!
With the level of corruption in the police force, etc....it seems like you can only depend on (and trust) yourself.

Scary reality in paradise!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thank you for telling us, Simon. Could you also clarify whether you want people to do what the OP on the other thread was asking, or not? I'm just concerned that a whole bunch of gringos phoning Sosua police could draw unnecessary attention to you in a way which might have ramifications.

I'm not surprised the police haven't contacted you with the results of their investigation. They're probably waiting for you to contact them! Probably your best bet would be to get a well-placed, influential Dominican friend to enquire on your behalf as to how the police are doing with this, maybe a well-placed Domincan friend who knows General Then in Puerto Plata? And if any numbers on that cellphone link back to the police themselves....don't expect much in the way of developments.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I'm glad you are OK and had the balls/guts to fight back.
Sometimes people just freeze and instead of the fight they just try to negotiate then they ends up dead.
Could you give us some details?
Do you live in a house or an apartment? Did you know the perp?
Have you ever received any type of self-defense training? Perhaps any "special" training? (to poke someone's eye out is an excellent defense, because it will defeat the perp since his loosing coordination, however it is not a regular civilian self-defense training)
According to the other post he was using a knife, which you took from him and than you stabbed him? Did he lost an eye because of the stab wound, or was it the result of an other injury? How long the incident lasted? I guess it was less than 5 minutes?
I bet you have done or doing something for more security now.
Well, it's always a good they above the ground.
What do you expect from the police? They are the biggest criminals here...

The Hun

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The thread has been opened back up, now we know who's who etc.

Sorry to hear about the robbery, sounds real nasty :(
You sound lucky to be alive!

Let's hope the cops actually get off their asses and do something.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.