Praise for Ferrereteria Americana!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Since customer service here is usually so absymal compared to the States, I wanted to just post a great BRAVO to Ferereteria (ok I am sure I am not spelling it right - can't pronounce it either!) Americana. I went there after pricing out stoves and fridges at Plaza Lama and not finding what I wanted.

Found just the right models, had incredible service on the floor (plus a great lunch in the cafeteria) PLUS they got everything delivered to my apartment the very next day. They called at 11 to say the stuff was on the truck and would I be home? Now the technico who was going to hook up the gas stove arrived at 2 PM and I would not let him leave. He called the store, who called the truck, who said it would be a while.... soooooo Hey, I said - do you play Dominios? So Roberto sat down with my sister - visiting from the States- and taught us the full game of Dominos (well, not perhaps the full game but a lot more than I knew which was nothing!). He waited for the three hours for the delivery- the delivery truck took away the old fridge (with the electrical short) and stove (whose oven I could never light) and left me with a brand new shiny kitchen!! Of course, I tipped Roberto heavily -- thanked him profoundly..... (as did my sister whom he said could really make a killing on the beers down at Parque Independencia!)

Later that evening I got a call from the salesman, who wanted to know if everything arrived properly. Then the next AM another from the store to ask the same. GREAT SERVICE !!

Now, there is still a ways to go since they will not actually give you your MONEY back if you don't like something- only a store credit. But I was really really impressed with their service.

BTW - I am in a "furnished" rental and fought a bit with the landlady about the old appliances. But finally realized that she is a widow, my rent is really her major source of income and she was just going to keep having the old items "repaired" -- at some point a 17 fridge dies! Then I decided that I would just go ahead and buy what I wanted to live with. I took a picture of the ones that she had here - and figured that for about $600, I could replace them both if and when I move -- which may be never (or not for 17 years!) So I just figured it would be a contribution to the "widows and orphans fund".

I am SOOOO thrilled with my new stainless finished appliances -- makes ALL the difference in my quality of life/

And I Heartily recommend Ferrereteria Americana to all DR1ers.

Nov 25, 2008
you should play the lottery numbers, THIS does not happen that often, too bad you didn't film the entire experience, repeats don't happen too often

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
good service american store????????????????

Incredible, good service at ferrateria americana, really incredible, had a good service experiance in americana once in 9 years here. I cherish the memory, as it was such a shock when it did happen, and sadly has never been repeated.

Congradulations!

Play the lottery next