NEED HELP: Urgent passport / embassy issue

Tynan

Apr 18, 2009
Hi guys,

Sorry that my first post is asking for help and a little bit panicked, but I'm trying everything to resolve my problem. Any help would make a world of difference to me.

On April 7th I was mugged, and my passport was stolen. The next morning I went to the US Embassy to apply for a new passport. I was told that I would definitely have one by the time I leave (the 19th) and to be waiting for their call.

By Friday the 17th, no one had called. I called Cristian Olivero and left a message, but he didn't return my call (I may have called too late). Today, the 18th, I went to the embassy, but they were closed.

I have called the emergency number, but they weren't able to help.

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do? Does anyone know Cristian Olivero or have his contact information? We've spoken a couple times and I think he would help me. Any other contacts in the embassy would be very useful.

Any help would mean a lot to me. I'd happily give a reward to anyone who could help me get my passport before tomorrow night. If I miss the ship I will have to fly to the next port which is extremely expensive.

Thanks in advance,
Tynan

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I've emailed the link to this thread to the private email of a consular official - I don't know if he's at home or on his computer but it's a start. And on this board, Tynan, you don't need to offer a reward to anyone. People help because they want to. I get the feeling you should have been progress chasing this before yesterday but, let's see, it might not be too late.

Tynan

Apr 18, 2009
Lambada,

Thank you very much... your help means a lot to me. I offered a reward not because I think most people would accept it, but because I'm an outsider to this community and I want to be respectful.

Thank you again,
Tynan

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
Tynan- You might have already tried this, but here is the Duty Officer cell phone number: 809-221-2171.

best of luck, and sorry to hear you had this negative experience.

Tynan

Apr 18, 2009
Tynan- You might have already tried this, but here is the Duty Officer cell phone number: 809-221-2171.

best of luck, and sorry to hear you had this negative experience.

Thanks... I already tried them. They were friendly but couldn't do anything. I get the impression that they are mainly security guards.

What kills me is that my passport is sitting in that office somewhere. I just need someone to let me in to get it.

Tynan