Oasis Canoa Resort

lebrescu

Apr 22, 2009
Hi,
This is my first time on this forum. My husband and I have booked at the Oasis Canoa Report in Sept. We were shopping for an all-inclusive in the Caribbean and stumbled onto this hotel. It fit our very low budget. However, I'm starting to have doubts on vacationing here. Can someone, who has stay there during Aug or Sept, let me know what we can expect regarding the weather? I realize Sept is not the best time to go there, but is it really bad where we will have to stay in-doors? I also find many photos of the hotel's beach but in them, you don't see anyone snorkeling or even in past their wastes. Is it not a good beach to swim? What would be a good beach for snorkeling without paying to go to one of the islands?
Thanks,
Chris

One of what islands? Dominican Republic is an Island? Why would you have to stay inside? Who in the world can predict the weather 5 months from now? Get a life you obviously would not be happy anywhere and are traveling on the cheap,so stop whining and enjoy the sun and the lovely people of DR or go to whatever Island you think is better.

kmorris

Feb 20, 2006
Badpiece,
That was a nice warm welcome to the board! Have you ever thought that the islands she was speaking of could possibly Isla Saona or Isla Catalina? She was looking for useful information, not someone being a prick. Obviously now we all know who needs to get a life!

Lebrescu,
No need to worry about the weather, if it rains it rains, if its sunny its sunny. There is no need to try and make plans around weather, you will be on vacation so just let it come to you. Either way there is plenty to enjoy in this country!

Kelsey

lebrescu

Apr 22, 2009
kmorris,
Yes, of course, the islands I was referring to were Isla Saona or Isla Catalina. After an experience we had on another trip, I was just curious about how bad the rains can get there during "hurricane season". I know we will have a great time no matter. Thanks for the positive response.
Chris