Seeking teacher job

zephyr1957

Mar 17, 2006
To school hiring managers.

I'm looking for a language or K-12 teacher position in a private or public school.

I have completed 2 years of experience as an english teacher in China and so far it has been a rewarding experience.

As a member of your organization I can provide :

+ + + Proficiency in english, french and spanish.
+ + + Commitment and dedication.
+ + + Integral respect of students regarding learning abilities and culture.
+ + + Accurate interaction (speaking loud,clear and slowly).
+ + + Proactive teaching approach but not agressive.
+ + + Punctuality and well preparedness (teaching material).
+ + + Professionnal presentation (clean and well dressed).

Resume, picture and references upon request.

My e-mail : zephyr1957@hotmail.com

Anyone having job leads or piece of information on how to apply in the public school system in Dominican Republic, are more than welcome to post or e-mail me.

Best regards,

Pierre Riopel

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Welcome to DR1 Pierre.
Don't bother with the public/state school system unless you can fund your own living expenses while working as a volunteer - the pay is little more than pocket money.

Here on DR1 we have a 'sticky' thread in the Living Forum with contact details for private schools all over the country. I suggest you research them by looking at their websites and try contacting a few with your CV.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/47622-private-schools.html

Best of luck!

zephyr1957

Mar 17, 2006
Welcome to DR1 Pierre.
Don't bother with the public/state school system unless you can fund your own living expenses while working as a volunteer - the pay is little more than pocket money.

Here on DR1 we have a 'sticky' thread in the Living Forum with contact details for private schools all over the country. I suggest you research them by looking at their websites and try contacting a few with your CV.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/47622-private-schools.html

Best of luck!

Hi,

yes, thanks. I saw that list but forgot to mention it on my post. Entering into the details, I'm halfly retired and a little salary would help me meet month's end.

I will certainly start looking with private schools but just in case, is the public system hiring foreigners? Would you know?

Regards,

Pierre

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That's another thing - the public school system probably does not employ foreigners, but there may be exceptions.